WhackyWill

The 2014 F1 Chat Thread.

235 posts in this topic

Ferrari sound:

You mean Renault sound, TR have switched engine suppliers this year :)

Whoops! Thanks :)

For some reason my phone won't let me upload the new Merc, it's really nice though!

Edited by AliveBoy

Force India actual:

i6nb.jpg

RedBull actual:

0ckv.jpg

Mercedes actual

qyje.jpg

Caterham:

Well, they can't get it all bolted together... So it's been delayed! :lol:

Edited by AliveBoy

Yay,finally get to see the picture of the finished car! Saw the guys working on it last night. Currently in my hotel room in Jerez,totally ruined. Got up at 3.45 yesterday morning, and was at the track till 11pm. My work partner is on day shift and was up at 6am to go in this morning after doing the same hours as me. Must say,the Merc is probably the most elegant out of the bunch so far. Really hate the donkey d1ck noses,hope they can change the regs for next year to get rid of them.

Merc have the best looking car this year, then.

Shame that the RB is going to be the winner :(

All the cars will change for the last test and first race, when all the engineers have looked at other teams solutions and experimented with putting them on their car. You may find that some teams will end up with the same design of nose etc.

At the end of the day, aerodynamics aren't biased. Whatever works will be kept, whatever doesn't won't be. I imagine very few of the cars will look the same when they roll out for practice in Oz. Marussia have just left for Jerez as they've fixed their issues. Caterham are still working away I believe. Oh and nice work Daryl, keep it up :)

News: first on track breakdown of '14 Sergio Perez stopped on track, the car is back in the garage now :lol:

Given the strength of the noses to withstand frontal impacts, makes you wonder if anyone has considered the potential damage of one car T-boning another?

There's uprated crash structures in the side pods this year, all of the teams used the same method which was developed by RedBull I believe. I think that's why they have a minimum width on the tip of the phallus shape.

There's uprated crash structures in the side pods this year, all of the teams used the same method which was developed by RedBull I believe. I think that's why they have a minimum width on the tip of the phallus shape.

That's good then - don't want any unwanted penetrations grabbing the headlines :thumbs:

Raikkonen has also stopped out in track. Hamilton is the fastest so far, not that many laps have been done by anyone :lol:

Raikkonen has also stopped out in track. Hamilton is the fastest so far, not that many laps have been done by anyone :lol:

Only two recorded times so far :yawn: .

Pete

More Caterham

1390918368.jpg

2014 Marussia car should arrive overnight.

Pete

Edited by JetSet

The Caterham solution is actually quite cool.However, as Newey has already said, if the tip of the nose breaks off, the shape of the underside of the nose will cause the car to launch over another if it hit the side of it.

I guess theyve also managed to expand on what they learned last season, so they might have the jump on Marussia for a few races. Or not! Only time will tell!

Make or break year for Caterham, so hopefully they will be alot closer to the midfield. Cant help but feel the Caterham nose looks like one of them Viking boats that was used for ramming other ships and sinking them.

Tony Fernándes has publicly said if they don't score a point this year he's gone. For a lot of people that would be a laughable task, but 77 races in they still don't have any points to their name! I just hope koboyashi does well as he's very entertaining!