The 2014 F1 Chat Thread.

WhackyWill

Just how long can Newey keep it up producing one winning car after another? The calm way Vettel drove round Rosburg in the first lap of the last race 2 seconds before I turned the tv off (again) said it all about 2013.

The man's a genius but what a yawn of a season. Yes, bring back refuels, introduce random breath tests, Prostate examinations, anything to make it unpredictable

Double points are just ridiculous. No driver would want to win the championship that way and feel undeserving of it. I can't see how they can justify it at all, it's not as if the last race is any more of a challenge than the others.

Just be thankful it's not double points for the last 4 races like they wanted to do!!

The only thing I like about the double points is that it will be a very good race to watch as spectators as a lot of gambles and desperate attempts will be made to win which always makes a good Grand Prix

Do you agree. ?

:thumbs:

Monaco voted best grand prix - The Monaco grand prix has been voted the best of the season in a poll of readers of L'Equipe newspaper. Nearly 5,000 people took part, with Monaco getting 25% of the votes. Silverstone came second, Japan third.

Do you agree. ?

:thumbs:

Monaco voted best grand prix - The Monaco grand prix has been voted the best of the season in a poll of readers of L'Equipe newspaper. Nearly 5,000 people took part, with Monaco getting 25% of the votes. Silverstone came second, Japan third.

I do love watching Monaco, I'm really surprised silverstone was second! So many better tracks than that!

Got to say, iv been lucky enough to go to Monaco, Spa and Brazil for the GP, and have to say that Brazil is an amazing track, and would have had that up there too. Just look at the past couple of years the carnage the weather has caused, not to mention the actual tracking being a real drivers circuit. Monaco is great yes, its an amazing spectacle, but the racing is a little dull (im a die hard F1 fan)

Spa should also be up there, as that is a track like nothing else, and there will never be another one made like that ever.

Havnt been to Japan, so cant comment, but the track always serves up a great race, and there are always crashes at Degna or somewhere else, but 130R isnt the challenge it once was, though maybe this year it will be with the new cars and the lower downforce.

Do you agree. ? :thumbs:

I have never been but have a fair few friends who have made the pilgrimage. All their views were you dont go to Monaco to watch a race, they were in the Marina and were lucky to see a few corners at best, but, they did all say the atmosphere was truly immense. Apparently there is a small floating restaurant in the next bay, they stopped there on the way back via boat on Monday and after 5 mins Eddie Jordan rocked up, who apparently has a band and the next thing they knew they were performing a mini gig.

The Finalised 2014 F1 Calendar.

2014 CALENDAR

March 16 Australia

March 30 Malaysia

April 6 Bahrain

April 20 China

May 11 Spain

May 25 Monaco

June 8 Canada

June 22 Austria

July 6 Great Britain

July 20 Germany (Hockenheim)

July 27 Hungary

August 24 Belgium

September 7 Italy

September 21 Singapore

October 5 Japan

October 12 Russia

November 2 USA

November 9 Brazil

November 23 Abu Dhabi

I have posted this on the first post on the thread as well.

Edited by WhackyWill

Some race numbers announced

In order of preference, Nico Rosberg has selected numbers 6, 5 and 9, with 6 the number his dad Keke carried to the 1982 world title. Sergio Perez said during his Force India announcement that he would like number 11, Felipe Massa has picked 19 and Jean-Eric Vergne has requested 25, 21 or the 27 made famous by Gilles Villeneuve. And Valtteri Bottas has picked number 77.

The only time Monaco is worth watching is when it's raining. Interlagos was decent IMO

Yes, the only overseas GP I attended was Monaco way back in 1975 and it rained, really livened the race up. I remember watching the 1972 GP which was one of only two televised races in those days and it belted down with rain, they probably wouldn't have raced today. There have been only a couple of wet races since then I think.

Pete

Will this slow him down... :surrender:

Sebastian Vettel is set to celebrate his meteoric F1 success with the ultimate prize -- fatherhood.

Multiple authoritative German media sources on Tuesday, including the Bild-Zeitung newspaper and the Bunte magazine, report that the quadruple world champion's long-time girlfriend Hanna Prater is pregnant with their first child.

s3_1.jpg

Hanna Prater, the girlfriend of Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull Racing

Red Bull driver Vettel, 26, guards his privacy very closely, but his spokeswoman confirmed the happy news: "Yes, it's true."

Vettel was quoted as saying: "Of course we are very happy about it, and want to enjoy this time in peace."

Vettel and Hanna have been a couple since they graduated from high school in Heppenheim.

Edited by WhackyWill

Will this slow him down... :surrender:

Sebastian Vettel is set to celebrate his meteoric F1 success with the ultimate prize -- fatherhood.

Multiple authoritative German media sources on Tuesday, including the Bild-Zeitung newspaper and the Bunte magazine, report that the quadruple world champion's long-time girlfriend Hanna Prater is pregnant with their first child.

s3_1.jpg

Hanna Prater, the girlfriend of Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull Racing

Red Bull driver Vettel, 26, guards his privacy very closely, but his spokeswoman confirmed the happy news: "Yes, it's true."

Vettel was quoted as saying: "Of course we are very happy about it, and want to enjoy this time in peace."

Vettel and Hanna have been a couple since they graduated from high school in Heppenheim.

Real men don't get slowed down by the wife (thumb) :lol: