The 2014 F1 Chat Thread.

WhackyWill

Lets start a 2014 F1 thread as so many changes are taking place for 2014, lets keep up to date with it. :thumbs:

The Finalised 2014 F1 Calendar.

2014 CALENDAR

March 16 Australia

March 30 Malaysia

April 6 Bahrain

April 20 China

May 11 Spain

May 25 Monaco

June 8 Canada

June 22 Austria

July 6 Great Britain

July 20 Germany (Hockenheim)

July 27 Hungary

August 24 Belgium

September 7 Italy

September 21 Singapore

October 5 Japan

October 12 Russia

November 2 USA

November 9 Brazil

November 23 Abu Dhabi

Edited by WhackyWill
  • Like 2

There's a tyre test coming up so hopefully they will get some useful info and let people race and go flat out!

Mclaren and force India to miss the test

I don't really get the point of this test, apparently their main concern for next year is the torque could split the tyres. So they're using the 2013 car which doesn't have anything like the same torque levels!

To be honest, they should get Michelin on board for F1, they're building tyres for Formula E which will last the whole of the race. They have to swap cars half way through the race, the stop is allowed to be a minimum of 30 seconds, during which they will have the tyres swapped from car 1 to car 2. The only exception is for a puncture etc.

If they want to make the races exciting again, bring back refuelling. Grosjean and Maldonado around explosive tanks of fuel? What's not to love?!

• Like 3

I agree. I want bridgestone back. And V10's. And refuelling, and Traction control, and nice low rear wings....(I basically want F1 of 5-6 years ago...)

They should reduce the aero, no traction, V10s or V12s, tyres that last a GP flat out so you can see the driver work and the cars slide.

Not just out for a casual drive on a Sunday afternoon for an hour and a half. .. :scare::thumbs:

Good to see Perez sticking around, he had a rough time at McLaren and deserved better from them. IMHO they should've kept him and ditched Button.

So, stupidly early predictions then:

1. Vettel

2. Rosberg

3. Ricciardo

1. RB

2. Merc

3. Ferrari

They should reduce the aero

They have :thumbs:

I personally think the double points in the last race is the least of F1's worries, i will echo what most have eluded to this season, get some decent tyres on these cars and see who is the quickest driver or who has the quickest car, not, who can set their car up the best to suit the tyres!

Prediction for the season:

Hamilton hopefully, if not, Alonso, Kimmi or Rosberg.

Anyone want to give me some odds on Vettel not winning?

Edited by Jetpilot

I personally think the double points in the last race is the least of F1's worries, i will echo what most have eluded to this season, get some decent tyres on these cars and see who is the quickest driver or who has the quickest car, not, who can set their car up the best to suit the tyres!

No they have reduced the wing size, I guarantee you that the cars at the first race will have

all that aero reduction back, wind tunnels run 24h a day... :surrender:

No they have reduced the wing size, I guarantee you that the cars at the first race will have

all that aero reduction back, wind tunnels run 24h a day... :surrender:

They have done a bit more than just that :)

Aero:

Front wing 75mm narrower, front chassis height 75mm lower, maximum nose tip height 185mm (550mm today!), no exhaust blowing due to centre-exit exhaust, rear wing 20mm lower and no lower rear wing element at all - estimated 30-40 per cent less downforce overall

That's what they anticipate

30 to 40 % in reality at the first race they may be down 15 to 20% and by end of Season back to more than this year. Happens every year..!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well maybe and sure they have a better idea than us, but its still a significant attempt to reduce the aero which you called for and is more than just the spoiler, i am afraid there is nothing the fia can do if the teams maximise what they have to work with unless they limit wind tunnel testing and i cant see how they would govern that :)

Edited by Jetpilot

I don't mind what else they change, they just need to sort the tyres. I'm a massive F1 fan and whilst I did enjoy last season, it was overshadowed by tyre management. I know it's already been discussed to death, but it just seems such a stupid idea, especially when the remit is to make F1 less expensive... churning through a set in 6 laps seems to be somewhat counter to this.

Anyway, back to the early predictions

Hamilton

Rosberg

Vettell

Merc

Ferrari

Redbull