Which 125 bike?

Yampiedog

Time to move on from the beast and go up in the world with a 125

Any recommendations? Probably looking at spending up to £2k

Have looked at Yamaha YBR and they look good value for money, could probably get a nearly new one but also like the Honda Varadero but that would be a bit older. Open to other suggestions though.

Depends what the bike is going to be used for. If you want some knee down hooligan fun then the Aprillia RS125 is great or if you want a sensible commuter then as you said the YBR is great value.

If your over 25 then as suggest just do the full test and get something you can grow into....

• Like 1

Yeebrrrs are decent little learners bikes...muchthe same as CGs.

We all start somewhere, but I'd buy something you can flog on easy, once its time to move up.

What type of 125 depends on what type of bike youare into....but I reckon also depends on how tall you are.

A short arse...something like a CG would be fine (but boring). Plenty too chose from within budget.

If your taller, try maybe a trail type ....you wont look as weird!! Something like a Yam WR125 should be easily picked up for well within your budget.

If you like sporty looking bikes..then I reckon the best in class is either the little Aprilia RS (out of budget) or the YZF (possibly in budget at a push).

Stay away from anything Chinese. They are @*!#. Give them a few years and they will get better - but currently wouldn't look there.

My son had a Yamaha WR125x as his first bike. It is a testament to the indistructability of the things. In the three years of ownership he came off it several times, decided it was ideal for offroad, had it serviced twice, cleaned it three times, used it every day for work, used the rev limiter as a guide to changing gear, only put oil or petrol in it when it rattled or ran out, got me to change the pads only when they had left big grooves in the discs, left it out in the rain because he couldn't be bothered to put it away, and it never once failed to start or broke down.

I hasten to add that non of the above he gets from me!

He now has a Kawasaki 650 ERF which I'm glad to say he looks after a bit better.

Edited by leonk
  • Like 1

I know 2 guys with CBF's. One recently traded it in for the 250 version, both very happy with them. But, for me, it's 2 stroke all the way. I have a Cagiva Mito laying out the back that needs some serious work (or a skip) but when it was working, it was one hell of a machine. Hit about 115mph with just a Giannelli exhaust and could out drag an M5 until about 70. I'm not even exaggerating when I say 0-60 in 4 seconds.

Nooooooooo. You'll put the guy of bikes for life!

"2013 Rieju RS3 125 NKD 125cc Sports bike not YZF R 125"

Yes, "NOT" should be highlighted. Its crap.

Yes its has a Yam engine...but that is the best bit.

Buy a decent Jap bike....at least you'll be able to sell it before it falls to bits.

Edited by aidan

Nooooooooo. You'll put the guy of bikes for life!

"2013 Rieju RS3 125 NKD 125cc Sports bike not YZF R 125"

Yes, "NOT" should be highlighted. Its crap.

Yes its has a Yam engine...but that is the best bit.

Buy a decent Jap bike....at least you'll be able to sell it before it falls to bits.

i had a reiju rs2 nkd was perfectly fine the KTM worse if im honest for reliability/build quality

DONT buy some bumble bee sounding wannabe sports bike thats so small a 10 stone man on it looks like a clown on a kiddys push bike,

There cool for 16/17 year old who think there the king of the local Co-op car park but in reality people laugh as your 180mph sub 4 second 0-60 looking bike gets out done by a golf

hqdefault.jpg