HELP!! Kinetix problem!!

Easty

So iv just fitted a Kinetix Plenum chamber and the car doesn't seem to want to idle and fluctuates and then dies. . .

This is also happening when I put the cluch in, the revs drop and then it dies. . . .

Also when traveling at 30mph just trying to hold it it's hunting and isn't smooth. . This also happens at 40.

Up higher into the revs it seems fine and revs right through no problem.

Don't know if it matters but iv also got a cone filter on the car that iv had on it ages and it's always been fine till I fitted this thing!!

Anyone know why it's doing this and knows how I can fix it?

Or do I just need to get it tuned/ rev up on it?

That's where my heads at. .

It's getting too much air in but I can't see where or why. . .

All the pipe work is back on and right.

Just out of interest has anyone fitted one of these?

And when you take the standard plenum off there's a gold ish plate that's bolted down with a gasket under it, does this stay on or have to be taken out?

I'm thinking that if the little bar in the middle of the kinetix is pushing up on it a little bit I might be drawing air in and not sealing it properly?

Just on tick over you can really hear quite a loud induction noise, is this normal too?

If everything is seated correctly from the outside, then I'm afraid it's take it off and start again. I cannot remember for the life of me what exactly it was but I had the same problem as you after fitting my plenum spacer. I have a feeling it was not connecting the vacuum line back up.

With the ecu, do a reset after the problem goes. Good luck!