andysmee's GT4

andysmee

no video from the rolling road, but it actually sounded sweeeeet...really quiet as it went through the gears then a really quality tone on full wot.

Interestingly, Motordyne have delayed sending me a replacement as they are making "...a change to the muffler to make the welds stronger and now include internal bracing", so clearly there is a design issue as well as a quality issue with the one I got.

Andy

Edited by andysmee

no video from the rolling road, but it actually sounded sweeeeet...really quiet as it went through the gears then a really quality tone on full wot.

Interestingly, Motordyne have delayed sending me a replacement as they are making "...a change to the muffler to make the welds stronger and now include internal bracing", so clearly there is a design issue as well as a quality issue with the one I got.

Andy

Ah well at least you should get a much better part from them when they finally do send it. B)

• 2 months later...

Well, no slave cylinder required so hoping braided lines will solve the clutch pedal dropping when hot. So, my rev-up is now up-revved with Motordyne plenum spacer and cat back TDX2, and making 302 fwhp, back how it should have been out of the factory (and either never was, or had dropped in the intervening 10 years)

Off to Abingdon on Friday to see what it handles like on stock suspension and cheap tyres...

• 1 year later...

well, my clutch problem has reoccurred. It's completely heat dependent. On track it is fine, but in traffic and with the air con on full, the pedal drops. But stop the car for five minutes and the pedal's back. We're going to try race clutch fluid next....

Edited by andysmee

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Thinking of some update to the paint as it's aging. Maybe 3M Satin Flip Volcanic Flare, Avery Satin Energetic Yellow, Flash Yellow Matte Metallic, Super Matte Yellow Vinyl, sunflower matte metallic, Matte Saffron Yellow, Red Aluminium Wrap Arlon Ultimate Premiumplus Matte Red, Matte Electric Blue

Edited by andysmee
  • Like 1