So, I finally got a touch up!

Steel Lynx

Got my car nice and clean today, decided I would give the touch up paint a go (G41) did it on the front bumper as a trial since I'll probably get the whole thing resprayed at some point anyway and from first looks, it seems to be dark blue.... Is this normal? I wiped it off with a tissue pretty much straight away as I didn't like the look of it and it looked black on the tissue, I find this a bit confusing.

Doesn't sound right but you can never tell until it has fully dried. Find a section out of view under the arches or somwhere more difficult and put a small amount on, leave 24 hours and see how it comes out.

Nissan doesn't do a stick for my colour but i got it from the scratch doctor and its pretty good.

Good luck!

• 9 months later...

Nissan touch up paints dont match at all fella. I tried a magma red one on mine and it was alot darker and stood out badly. In the end mixed the paint with another manufacturer similar colour to get a close match, used a product called Langka also to level off the blob.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing any variation would show up a lot more on your Magma red one that it would on my Black. I gave up in the end. Will just have to wait until I can get the thing resprayed :)

Yep, looks like crap to be honest. Area i touched up is about the length and thickness of the white tip of my pinky finger. After paint cured now its lighter, originally was darker before mixing it HAHA.