First post, how to??

Bems

This may be a dumb question but a friend of mine has joined recently and is keen to start contributing however he is having difficulty posting his first post. He has tried to contact mods but is unsure if this is getting through either. What does he have to do before he can post? I can't remember having to do anything when I joined. I did a quick search but couldn't find anything.

Complete the "Create Account" form and in he comes :thumbs:

ForumRegistration_zps8e75f352.jpg

He's done this and can sign in ok but it's when he tries to post it just gets binned. He's away to try again.

That happened to me as well when I first joined. I was going to post in the "introductions & welcomes" when I first joined but after I wrote out my hello message twice (was quite long) only to lose it each time I tried to post it I gave up. Found that I had no problem though using the "reply to this topic" box so just didn't bother with the intro in the end. I can start threads now though so whatever was wrong fixed itself. ;)
  • Like 1

Did he click the confirmation link in the registration email? Forum is saying he hasn't made any posts and is Validating which usually means they haven't done the confirmation email.

I've manually set as validated so should be able to post now :thumbs: