Y23DRH

Why would you change the engine on a healthy car? Why?

The engine as long as its serviced, always full of oil and ran with good petrol will last forever. Some people in the states get to 250k no problems and I think one member on here was the same. The main costs IMO will come from things like failing suspension components and bushes. But they are relatively easy and cheap to replace.

To say the engine "will last for ever" is a bit optimistic.

As Dblock says - good oil / petrol will make a huge difference.

But wear n tear will happen to rings and bore...nature of the beast. Get a compression test done - that'll tell you what kind of condition rings / bores are in.

• Like 1

A modern engine will last way more than 200k miles if it maintained correctly. Which it looks like you are doing.

Obviously you will have some wear and tear over time and the more miles you do the more that needs to be replaced, perhaps still cheaper to replace than putting a new engine in.

Thee are plenty of cars that hit the 500k+ mark without issue.

• Like 1

To say the engine "will last for ever" is a bit optimistic.

As Dblock says - good oil / petrol will make a huge difference.

But wear n tear will happen to rings and bore...nature of the beast. Get a compression test done - that'll tell you what kind of condition rings / bores are in.

The car will rust to bits before the vq goes bad IMO.

• Like 1

Nah it's cleaned to often for that. I am hedging my bets on the drivers seat bolster being the first thing to wear out :stir:

:lol:

You have never been underneath one. They are made of some super rusty iron and it's not under trayed either!

Plus you can't help the rain here.

Nah it's cleaned to often for that. I am hedging my bets on the drivers seat bolster being the first thing to wear out :stir:

You have never been underneath one. They are made of some super rusty iron and it's not under trayed either!

Is that the super rusty iron that won't rust? :stir:

Besides looking at his avatar I rekon he is the sort of chap that drives over a garden sprinkler every few days to de-crap the underneath of his car :lol:

• Like 2

Is that the super rusty iron that won't rust? :stir:

Besides looking at his avatar I rekon he is the sort of chap that drives over a garden sprinkler every few days to de-crap the underneath of his car :lol:

Have you ever been under a car? You do realise water makes metal rust?

You do realise water makes metal rust?

Noooooooooo!!! I thought it was evil fairy dust :scare:

One way to settle this.

Op needs to take a picture of the underneath of the car.

5$ says the sprinkler will be out :stir:

I don't doubt that. But the car will still be rusty underneath.

150k! Utter @*!# imo. Yes if its been mistreated and ragged to pieces maybe but a properly maintained engine will last easily past 250k+. Modern engineering is pretty damn good tbh

as stated good oil and petrol along with good consumables, plugs etc all help keep it in good condition