Dan's MR2 mk3 trackpig thread (deposit taken)

Ekona

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

My rally driving buddy has a project under way with one of these for next years season, he is going with a Honda motor, think a 1.8 Intergra lump etc as that is what he knows.

Apparently most parts are available off the shelf from the states.

He turned his last project, a Davrian with 1.6 Honda lump into a class winning car and also won a few events outright, up against ex wrc cars and the like so be interested to see how it turns out.

Still got the mr2 Dan? Any progress or updates to it?

Still here! :D

Currently sat in the garage waiting for me to repair a sheared manifold to turbo stud, but once I've done that it'll be going up for sale, along with a billionty bunch of spares I've got sitting here for it. I love it, but I need the cash for other projects so sadly it'll be going shortly. :(

Still got the mr2 Dan? Any progress or updates to it?

Still here! :D

Currently sat in the garage waiting for me to repair a sheared manifold to turbo stud, but once I've done that it'll be going up for sale, along with a billionty bunch of spares I've got sitting here for it. I love it, but I need the cash for other projects so sadly it'll be going shortly. :(

That's a shame, but as long as you've had your fun that's all that matters!

Let me know what you've got and I'll let you know if any of it interests me !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have no idea.

I've got dibs on an RX8 if I want it but it needs a rebuild, or I might grab another MX5 just because fun. I might get something ridiculous and strip it right back just for a laugh, like a diesel Volvo estate or summat.

I saw some epic stripped out Volvo ice drift cars in Sweden, resplendent with BGWs. FR is the ultimate combo after all! It'd be epic on track days, tearing it up, like the old 850s I loved in BTCC when I were a lad.

Even got trick rims bro http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201604032581829?atmobcid=soc4

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201603312489090?atmobcid=soc4