Elephant - Good service, decent attempt at retaining a customer too.

Stutopia

The Zed is the first car I have personally owned for a few years, so in Feb when I bought her I expected a fair whack. No NCB and no experience of powerful RWDs. They smashed everyone else's price and stuck me on their 10 month accelerator plan (1 year NCB after 10 months, but ties you in as no one else counts this as a full year NCB obvs). Over the year I've kept them up-to-date on mods and they charged me, but not ripped me off.

Renewal time just arrived and they gave me a decent, but unspectacular reduction. I rang around a few insurers from here, though extremely helpful, only one could beat my renewal. I called elephant up to discuss and they not only matched my new quote (loyalty discount they call it), but also didn't take a penny for my Berk's or when I explained to them the previous owner had done UpRev, which I'd recently discovered. I'm a bit para about insurance, so always keep on the straight and narrow with them.

I know this is how businesses should treat "valued" customers, but this is in stark contrast to some other "big name" insurers from my past who haven't given a monkeys when I've said I'm off to a new provider. Decent customer service on the blower as well, even if words like UpRev and High Flow Cats do cause some confusion :thumbs:

Edited by SuperStu
  • Like 2

• 10 months later...

It's renewal time again and Elephant have come up trumps :yahoo:

New price is £580 with all mods declared (but not replaced in the event of etc etc). Given I hadn't owned a car myself for years before the Zed, I'm quite pleased with how much the premium has dropped off coming up to the end of year 2

Yr 1 - £920

Yr 2 - £695

Yr 3 - £580

Nearly 40% drop after two years. I know you don't really know about your insurer until you claim, but up to now I can have no complaints.

It's renewal time again and Elephant have come up trumps :yahoo:

New price is £580 with all mods declared (but not replaced in the event of etc etc). Given I hadn't owned a car myself for years before the Zed, I'm quite pleased with how much the premium has dropped off coming up to the end of year 2

Yr 1 - £920

Yr 2 - £695

Yr 3 - £580

Nearly 40% drop after two years. I know you don't really know about your insurer until you claim, but up to now I can have no complaints.

I was at the exact same stage as you. 2 years owning the zed and Admiral had always been the best for me. I phoned up Chris Knott on here who beat Admiral by 10% and covered all my mods like for like. Maybe give them a go before its too late :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...