khong

If its just the charger you have then you need the following

Bracket

pulleys

intercooler

pipe work

filter

plus all the other supporting mods to install a SC

With the price of a Vortech these days, I dont see the point in putting together something like this.

The rotrex is quieter & makes better torque figures but you sacrifice on top end power

Get in touch with one of the tuners on here (Abbey, H-dev, TDI etc) and ask them. Probably your best bet would be to find a proper SC kit from GTM, Vortech etc and get a discount for not including the SC, that's assuming the mounts for the SC you have match (GTM use Rotrex iirc but even then you'd want to check). To put costs in to perspective for a later HR engine you'd be looking at £2.5k for a new Rotrex SC unit but for a full SC build you're talking £10k+. Even if you can get the SC for £100 you'd still need the other £7.5k+ unless you're doing all the work yourself (considering the above I'm guessing that won't be the case).

Where abouts are you?

& as others have asked, do you have brackets, intercooler & pipework?

On top of the SC kit you will also be needing the following upgrades for a basic sub 400whp build:

fuel pump,

fuel pressure regulator

larger injectors

uprev tuning or other piggyback ecu

& then to make it a proper build:

uprev gt maf

fuel return system

oil cooling whether it be a larger sump or oil cooler maybe both if you intend to do any track work

& be aware the vq engines are torque limited unless you go the whole hog & build an engine :teeth:

i would not fit it myself just after some advice but then i suppose always some people have to be negative

I don't think anyone is intentionally being negative.

You have such a monumental task on your hands that no one could tell you what you need just like that.

Please start off with some pictures and then we can take it from there. :)

i would not fit it myself just after some advice but then i suppose always some people have to be negative

I don't think anyone is intentionally being negative.

You have such a monumental task on your hands that no one could tell you what you need just like that.

Please start off with some pictures and then we can take it from there. :)

+1 on this ^

• Like 1

Anything is possible if you throw enough money at it.

Approach some tuners with what you have and what you want to gain. They'll give you some prices and reality checks and then you know where you stand.

But it would certainly be easier and cheaper to buy something like a Vortech kit from Tarmac or similar trader.

• 3 months later...