P3 Service - What actually is it?

Rob_Quads

There have been a few threads around this topic and its often the first service people have out of warranty so are more likely to look else where to get it done. I have been trying to work out what it is and this is what I have found.

I am not going to list all the Inspection points in the service book only the replace/major items

Replace Engine Oil - Pro S 5W-40

Replace Engine Oil Filter -

Replace LSD Gear Oil - Is this needed?- One service I have an inspection mark the other a NA mark?

NCVT Fluid Chage? - Again I have it marked as NA on one service?

Replace Brake Fluid - Any preferance on type?

Replace Air Cleaner Filter -

Replace PCV Filter? - What is this???

Replace Cabin Air Filter

Replace Spark Plugs - I thought these were only needed around 50K miles

Fuel Filter - Marked as maintenance free in on the service sheet

Replace Coolant - Only if not done at 3 years

So anyone got any thoughts on the queries , guide prices / part numbers for Nissan parts?

There have been a few threads around this topic and its often the first service people have out of warranty so are more likely to look else where to get it done. I have been trying to work out what it is and this is what I have found.

I am not going to list all the Inspection points in the service book only the replace/major items

Replace LSD Gear Oil - Is this needed? - One service I have an inspection mark the other a NA mark?

NCVT Fluid Chage? - Again I have it marked as NA on one service? GEARBOX OIL?

Replace Brake Fluid - Any preferance on type?

Replace PVC Filter? - What is this??? POLLEN FILTER?

Replace Coolant - Only if not done at 3 years

So anyone got any thoughts on the queries , guide prices / part numbers for Nissan parts?

Replace LSD Gear Oil - Is this needed? - One service I have an inspection mark the other a NA mark? no you don't need it

NCVT Fluid Chage? - Again I have it marked as NA on one service? GEARBOX OIL? yes if you have a manual it is N/A

Replace Brake Fluid - Any preferance on type? i think 4.1 is UK spec... but maybe 5.1 is better depend how hard you are on the brakes...

Replace PVC Filter? - What is this??? POLLEN FILTER? YES - No pollen filter on ZED...i know i have suffered it all this week... :rant:

Replace Coolant - Only if not done at 3 years, YEP ... get it changed

if you get nissan parts you might as well get it done by nissan and it will cost under 300 quid...( mine cost 275 i think...) they should plug in the Nissan CONSULT and do a diagnostics check to make sure everything is ok ( no stored error codes etc...)... otherwise I am not sure why they charge 300 quid for basic fluid replacement...

otherwise I am not sure why they charge 300 quid for basic fluid replacement...

They charge it because they can get away with charging it :dry:

and the more people that pay that sum for a basic fluid service the more they will charge ;)

I think any average mechanic could perform this service in well under 2 hours without stretching himself(work that out as about £150/hour )

ps this wont include swopping plugs (which dont need doing until 50k miles anyway )

otherwise I am not sure why they charge 300 quid for basic fluid replacement...

They charge it because they can get away with charging it :dry:

and the more people that pay that sum for a basic fluid service the more they will charge ;)

I think any average mechanic could perform this service in well under 2 hours without stretching himself(work that out as about £150/hour )

ps this wont include swopping plugs (which dont need doing until 50k miles anyway )

Exactly! They charge it because people pay it without question. I've just had the same argument over my P3. Original quote was £210 (actually pretty good price) but when I pointed out the plugs didn't need doing and the brake fluid has already been done and it was basically only a fluids/filter change I got the price down to £111 providing my own oil including a coolant change or £95 without the coolant.

Have a reasoned argument with them and they will eventually do the right thing (at least in my case they did)!

One happy chappie now :D