SPLITTING SPLIT RIMS

Jixaman

Hi there, what is the view on splitting split rims? Do they go back as good? I'm not going to do it myself, I'm on the lookout for a place I can go to in the near future (after brakes part II), just, I dont know, worried they're not up to the punnishment afterwords... Am I just worrying over nothing ?

They were chromed but corrosion peeled it, I had cleaned them and painted them before to tidy them up but again the corrosion won. This time I'm going to have it done properly and get them chromed again, just need the corrosion killed...

Am I as well with new wheels?

Cheers...

Thats my worry... Methinks a trip to a few refurb shops are in order... Any referrals, I'm in Central Scotland but can travel... Cheers...

I like the wheels, its just I know they will be abused hence I dont want to have to worry about them failing. The thought of someone stripping out a bolt and just locktighting it in place to look good dont help the karma when you'r trying to lean on it...

Ahm going to look at wheels ah think...

i used to have to split and rebuild quite a few pricey sets of split rims. Nothing wrong with splitting them, if they are 2 piece you just need a good digital torque wrench and loctite. if its 3 piece then you need to clean the old sealants properly, and get a good sealant for the job.