They shouldn't be on the road..!!!

WhackyWill

Bl**dy hell Will~ first our Zeds are getting smoked by VXR's and now Smart cars too. ;) ;) :lol:

Seriously though those lanes that merge into each other do my head in as the amount of people that don't indicate or just force you into on coming traffic in there race to get one car ahead is so frustrating. :angry:

Maybe I shouldn't admit to been f***ed about by a woman in a Smart car.. :lol: :lol:

Just don't start a thread about it ~ look how that VXR thread is turning out. :scare::lol:

The thing that gets me about some, not all, bikes (pedal and power) is that I was told to treat them in the same way as a car, in terms of space and accommodation on the road. I totally get this, but you can't have it both ways. If you want to be treated like a car, behave like one, no nipping in-between, no undertaking and no sitting in blind spots. :shrug:

• Like 1

There are only 3 problems here;

1st, people think that once they have a licence it's a right not a privilege.

2nd, there are not enough Police to catch offenders.

3rd, we are too lenient when they are caught, there are many drivers (I use the term loosely) driving with more than 12 penalty points, allowed to keep their licence because they would suffer if their licence was withdrawn. :rant::angry:

• Like 1

In a perfect world we'd have laws that suited modern vehicles and took conditions into account, and loads more sensible police officers with an empty court system to deal with them.

For example, I'd like to see on the spot fines given to people who don't indicate. I'm certain that a huge majority of accidents would be avoided if people just used their indicators every single time.

I'd then like to see every single speed limit removed, and the dangerous driving charge altered and more widely used. You may be legal doing 30 past a school at 3pm, but it's damn as hell not safe. Likewise it's probably okay to do 50 past it at 2am. If you think a speed is safe then do it, but just be prepared to justify yourself in court. If people thought that way then they may consider their speed more often.

While we're here, remove the ambiguity about undertaking. Just make it legal, and then nail to the wall anyone sat in the 2nd or higher lanes. I mean an instant week ban where there is clear video evidence of the offense being committed.

Three simple things, and that would revolutionise driving in this country. Would also cost a fortune so will never happen, but hey ho.

• Like 2

Three simple things, and that would revolutionise driving in this country. Would also cost a fortune so will never happen, but hey ho.

Ever wonder why they put SLOW in a red box on the roads or lower the speed limits? The reason is there has usually been an accident at that location. Even if roads & speed limits are dangerous, no money will be spent to change things until there is an incident, you're right it will never happen!

Seems to me a lot of people don't understand how to properly use indicators e.g. they reach a junction where they want to turn off, start the turn and then indicate!!! Totally pointless. Another pet hate of mine is people who don't indicate at all on roundabouts when they should do, leaving you to guess which exit they're taking :(

Seems to me a lot of people don't understand how to properly use indicators e.g. they reach a junction where they want to turn off, start the turn and then indicate!!! Totally pointless. Another pet hate of mine is people who don't indicate at all on roundabouts when they should do, leaving you to guess which exit they're taking :(

+1 Or they drive into the roundabout indicating and then go all the way

around the roundabout indicating and you still cannot guess which one they are taking. :angry:

• Like 1

In a perfect world we'd have laws that suited modern vehicles and took conditions into account, and loads more sensible police officers with an empty court system to deal with them.

For example, I'd like to see on the spot fines given to people who don't indicate. I'm certain that a huge majority of accidents would be avoided if people just used their indicators every single time.

I'd then like to see every single speed limit removed, and the dangerous driving charge altered and more widely used. You may be legal doing 30 past a school at 3pm, but it's damn as hell not safe. Likewise it's probably okay to do 50 past it at 2am. If you think a speed is safe then do it, but just be prepared to justify yourself in court. If people thought that way then they may consider their speed more often.

While we're here, remove the ambiguity about undertaking. Just make it legal, and then nail to the wall anyone sat in the 2nd or higher lanes. I mean an instant week ban where there is clear video evidence of the offense being committed.

bravo sir

I maintain that 100 on the motorway is safe, but 20 past a school isnt. Plus the highway code states "match your speed to suit the road conditions". At 2am down the M1 you could really get moving nice and safely. But at 3pm past a school slow down.

Agree with the lane hoggers too. If your doing 70MPH in the outside lane of a 3 lane motorway when the middle lane is just as empty. Im going to undertake you. Same as old people (and my mother) who do 45 MPH everywhere. I clocked her doing 38 on the M42 yesterday. Points and a fines for bieng too slow need to be issued.

I was following a Doctor On Call vehicle today on M27, not on active call but fully liveried with DOCTOR in reverse in huge letters on the bonnet, green light beacons etc. He approached a local taxi in lane 3 doing about 50 with nothing in front and nothing in lane 2. Doctor on Call vehicle waited for a couple of miles and then undertook in lane 2, at which point the taxi swerves deliberately towards the Doctor on Call vehilce!!!

• Like 1

I was following a Doctor On Call vehicle today on M27, not on active call but fully liveried with DOCTOR in reverse in huge letters on the bonnet, green light beacons etc. He approached a local taxi in lane 3 doing about 50 with nothing in front and nothing in lane 2. Doctor on Call vehicle waited for a couple of miles and then undertook in lane 2, at which point the taxi swerves deliberately towards the Doctor on Call vehilce!!!

I have had this stupidity with taxis (well mini cabs who call themselves taxis). absolute menace. :rant:

I'm livid...Just been to Japex for a P1, driving home junction of the A1 with the North Circular

known as Henleys Corner, I'm going on the North Circular on my outside is a VW Tourag heading to the A1

driven by a small Asian woman ON HER PHONE. At the last minute she realises she

is going onto the A1 and she obviously needs the North Circular, she just pulled into my lane

with NO regard that I was there, forced me to swerve across the North Circular before she side swiped me.

Then COMPLETELY ignored what she had done and carried on her conversation on the phone....!!

UNBELIEVABLE....!! :rant: :rant: :rant:

I'm livid...Just been to Japex for a P1, driving home junction of the A1 with the North Circular

known as Henleys Corner, I'm going on the North Circular on my outside is a VW Tourag heading to the A1

is going onto the A1 and she obviously needs the North Circular, she just pulled into my lane

with NO regard that I was there, forced me to swerve across the North Circular before she side swiped me.

Then COMPLETELY ignored what she had done and carried on her conversation on the phone....!!

Just reading that makes me Angry!!! :angry: :angry:

Heh, Will seems to be making up about 75% of this thread :lol:

Driving to work on Weds and theres a bit of a puddle on the road - not a flood, but covering the whole surface, maybe 2-3 inches deep at the most, I was behind another car doing about 25 mph.

Other car drives into the puddle then all of a sudden slams on the anchors and puts her hazards on, I nearly stoved straight into the back of her. We sit there for about 20 seconds then she starts to creep off really, really slowly until out of the puddle then drives off. Car in question?

honda-crv.jpg

:scare: :scare: :scare:

• Like 1

Heh, Will seems to be making up about 75% of this thread :lol:

Driving to work on Weds and theres a bit of a puddle on the road - not a flood, but covering the whole surface, maybe 2-3 inches deep at the most, I was behind another car doing about 25 mph.

Other car drives into the puddle then all of a sudden slams on the anchors and puts her hazards on, I nearly stoved straight into the back of her. We sit there for about 20 seconds then she starts to creep off really, really slowly until out of the puddle then drives off. Car in question?

honda-crv.jpg

:scare: :scare: :scare:

Awwww shouldnt of posted a pic of what it was :( I was going to guess they were driving a challenger 2 tank :p

^^ Bl**dy 4x4 drivers! :angry:

Unusual though tbh as usually I find they like to swerve & speed up going through puddles as they like to pretend they're off roading. :lol:

Just reading that makes me Angry!!! :angry: :angry:

Me too. :angry:

If you read this whole thread from start to finish I'm sure it would turn you psychotic. :surrender::lol:

did she hit you ?

Only my drivers mirror, that's how close it was, I ended up almost in the slow lane at 40MPH scattering traffic all around me,

fortunately most cars around me saw what was about to happen and gave me some space to avoid her..!! :rant: :rant:

Unusual though tbh as usually I find they like to swerve & speed up going through puddles as they like to pretend they're off roading. :lol:

I do this in my Range Rover :o

If it hasn't got mud on it, be scared of 4x4 style vehicles.

I also havent washed it since I bought it :thumbs:

I do this in my Range Rover :o

If it hasn't got mud on it, be scared of 4x4 style vehicles.

I also havent washed it since I bought it :thumbs:

"Let's off road!!"....

4391975-Lets_off_road_Bornheim.jpg

"bugger!" :lol: