LakeZ 2014. 27th, 28th, 29th June.

martinmac

FInal_zps7be80f4f.jpg

First band booked Pink as Floyd, a fantastic tribute band. :D

Before Pink As Floyd take the stage I am delighted to announce that Midge Ure will be doing a 75 minute acoustic set. You can expect some of his massive hits such as Vienna, Fade to Grey, No regrets and Dancing woth tears in my eyes.

Just so you can put it in your calendars, I will be booking this for the weekend of 28th June. :)

Any Traders wishing to attebnd this event, you are more than welcome. There is no charge. Even if you dont want to bring any stock along just enjoy the weekend and meet the owners.

The format seems to be getting there now so it will be generally the same as for 2013. Just a few tweaks so far.

Friday will be meet and greet with entertainment in the pub.On Saturday there will be a drive out. There is again the option of taking the Steam Train and steamer around the lake, a nice chilled option. Anyone wanting to skydive please let me know early so I can get it booked up, they get very busy.

Saturday night we will be in the hall. The pub will be laying on a BBQ.. I am looking at two bands on the Saturday night and with a lot of luck may have something a little special lined up. The Rose and Crown will be providing the bare for Saturday. It will be to the same high standard but this time we have come up with a slight change which will keep the prices even lower. Instead of draught beer they will be selling bottled beer. This enables them to sell a pint for about 30% less and give a lot wider range of options.

The pub will also be selling breakfast each day.

Sunday will be the show and shine judging.

If anyone wants to do anything else, go karting, horse riding, fishing, pretty much anything really then let me know and I will see what I can do.

Camping will again be free, entry on the Saturday night will be free, the hog roast will be free. All I ask is that you support the raffle to save me having to sell organs. :lol:

I will be posting up more info as things are confirmed. In the meantime if you have any questions please ask. No need to confirm names, just turn up. There is a massive range of accommodation locally including several rental houses which work out very cheap if you can get a group together.

This is a social weekend so turn up in whatever vehicle you like. There is also a train station about 300m away.

To see what attractions are nearby this is the pub we are based at, just use the postcode and google local attractions. :)

http://rosecrowncark...ery.com/our-pub

ANYONE WITH A LOWERED CAR WHO INTENDS TO ATTEND PM ME, AVOID COMING IN THROUGH GRANGE OVER SANDS.

For lowered cars I suggest you stay on the A590 until you get to the turn off for the Anglers Arms. LA12 8AJ Incidentally this is right opposite the Stema railway. Leave the Anglers arms to your right and continue through the village. Take the first left at the first junction and fillow this road until you see the Rose and Crown right ahead of you. LA11 7NU. You will see the banners and flags. Take the left fork at the pub and about 60 metres along you will see the village hall to your left. When driving down the road from the Anglers arms please remember that we have dry stone walls, tourist seem to like to hit these so keep an eye out for rocks by the side of the road. Road rage induced by the finger from the driver of a german car so my fault. Its also a floating road so undulates a bit. I ground out when driving at the national speed limit.

029.jpg

We have rented 30 tables plus chairs at the hall for outside use so dont bring your own unless you really want to.

Supporting the raffle on the Saturday night will help to fund the weekend so please buy lots of tickets. There are some great prizes.

During the Midge gig please have enough drinks for an hour and limit chat and movement. The sound desk will be in the middle of the room and his techs need to hear the sound.

Touch wood engine is spot on at the moment. Especially after I traced a niggling earth fault.

The subframe and Diff bushes are shot though. Scary amount of wheel hop at times.

I had hoped to drop the subframe this winter and replace all the bushes, but I don't have the space until the extension is done next year.