Curiosity Frustrating A Z Owner....

drfeelgood73

So here I am on a course in Aberdeen for a few days.... I called home yesterday and spoke to my old man who was visiting only to be told by him that some guy had phoned about the car??? When I asked what exactly he said, my old man replied " Hello, It's about your Nissan" where then my old man chirped in to say that I was away and not back till Friday, call back after 6pm..... He never took a name or enquired what it was about...... Now, I am not selling the car and have no enquiries outstanding anywhere about it, so I am a bit curious as to what its about..... Thought maybe the rozzers, but then no ticket or visit to the door....as well as there being no reason for it either.......mmmmmmmmm

Strange? Hope it's nothing dodgy like a burglar checking to see if anyone's in or a car thief. Have you had your car at a Nissan dealers or anything? maybe it was just one of those cold calls to say your car is due a service soon and they where ringing just to fish for work? :dry:

Do all the work myself...don't trust those pesky garages.... The missus is always at home anyway, and with the old man retired he is always round doing the odd job to keep him busy.....That's if they get past the dog...and the kids.....(now wondering which would be the worst fate for said burglar...dog ,kids, wife or father....) The only people are the traders on here who I have dealt with......And that's always been a PM .....

Just renewed end of Sep.......suppose it could be cold calling.........usually put mobile number instead of landline down on everything with potential cold calling......hopefully find out tomorrow....probably not call back now and keep me wondering....

Cold calling for breakdown cover mate........don't sweat it.

I get a monthly mail / calls from Lexus asking how the car is / as an owner do iwant a demo car / warranty due / servicing due....etc etc.

Thing is ....sold car 18 months ago and on numerous times I have told them that!!!

Note to self - I'll check the garage tonight as computers can't be wrong - must have misplaced a big white thing with four wheels!!!

Edited by aidan

I get a monthly mail / calls from Lexus asking how the car is / as an owner do iwant a demo car / warranty due / servicing due....etc etc.

Thing is ....sold car 18 months ago and on numerous times I have told them that!!!

Note to self - I'll check the garage tonight as computers can't be wrong - must have misplaced a big white thing with four wheels!!!

Computers cant be wrong. It the programming or data people put into that thats wrong :p

I also get calls sometimes starting...... "I'm just calling about the accident you've recently had in your Nissan......"

Also get calls from people trying to sell warranty's, I hate these calls.

My home phone has not been plugged in for over a year, it was newly installed by Sky (which i asked to be ex-directory) and within 1 week i was receiving calls like this, as well as PPI etc and i hadn't even given my phone number to anyone yet.

Yes it does my neep in all these nuisance calls..... I think...but not sure ( someone may correct me ) but in the UK it needs both the caller and the receiver to hang up to clear the line......I sometimes just lay the phone down and come back about 20 mins later and hang it up hoping it has clogged up their line for a bit..... probably doesn't work like that...but gives me some satisfaction in the hope that it might..... :)

Yes it does my neep in all these nuisance calls..... I think...but not sure ( someone may correct me ) but in the UK it needs both the caller and the receiver to hang up to clear the line......I sometimes just lay the phone down and come back about 20 mins later and hang it up hoping it has clogged up their line for a bit..... probably doesn't work like that...but gives me some satisfaction in the hope that it might..... :)

:lol: Might try that, ..or maybe I'll just tell them to hold and play 90's dance music down the phone on repeat for a few hours. :teeth: