My GTR - the ongoing story...

grahamc

Sounds interesting.... all the custom options I saw never did much and most added up to 1800, so the Forge Cooler was an easy option. Interested to see how the AC one goes, sounds very different. Done for exactly those reason, just as you get into things, temps jump up and it takes ages to come back down

The first option (which I'm having done in a few weeks) is about £500 so I'll see how that gets on in July and if it needs something more he has another option to add on top of that for another £500. So well below the £2000+ for the Forge (or similar).

Edited by TomS

Sounds interesting.... all the custom options I saw never did much and most added up to 1800, so the Forge Cooler was an easy option. Interested to see how the AC one goes, sounds very different. Done for exactly those reason, just as you get into things, temps jump up and it takes ages to come back down

The first option (which I'm having done in a few weeks) is about £500 so I'll see how that gets on in July and if it needs something more he has another option to add on top of that for another £500. So well below the £2000+ for the Forge (or similar).

Interesting, let me know how it goes...

• 3 weeks later...

Twice in the past 6 months I have been within a gnat's whisker of sealing the deal on a GTR -not sure I can resist for much longer... :wacko:

David

Go for it, well worth it and the best car I have ever owned!!!

I think the stormy weather actually makes the pictures look better Graham. B)

Can't wait to see some more. :)

Hopefully not too long a wait....

• Like 1

G, I'm seriously considering a 2011 facelift version, the budget went up from 40k to 50k :( From your experience, would you say is not really a lot of difference between Stage 1 or 2 2010 and the 2011 model?

For the money the 2011 is worth it... its not just the mapping changes, but the standard oil cooler and suspension is better (I run 2012 suspension, better in comfort and race), the dash colour is a lot better (not as reflective as mine) and the rear lights dont need the twin light kit. Im just not a fan of DRLs in the bumper.

Power wise, very little or no difference between a 2010 stage 2 and 2011 stage 2.... assuming same mods and mapper.

Although I'm a fan of the r35 ..... That interior leaves a lot to desire for such a premium car :(

Really?

I like it.... and its not that premium a car.... I dont mind that Nissan focused on the performance of the car over the interior.

I like the 350Z interior, but that doesn't make it any good! :lol:

I also dislike the 370Z interior, despite the undisputed increase in material quality. Truth is, nobody can touch Audi for interiors (the mk3 TT :wub: ) so everything else is just acceptable next to them.

£80K is definitely a premium car though. I'd call £40K+ premium, as a rule. You could argue £30K+, but then you can get a Golf for that much now and I definitely wouldn't class a Golf as premium.

The 35 dash interior retains the character of the previous 32,33,34 Skylines, so we have a bit of nostalgia continuity.

Agree it is a bit dated, but it is what it is.

Never been a fan of the premium addition seats and door trims however the Recarro edition seats are better, however I went for the track edition as IMHO the interior is much more pleasing to the eye.

Each to there own thou.

Alex. :)

• Like 1

Just as a matter of interest how does the GTR drive in full auto mode? I read something a while back about it being set up to conserve fuel so it is reluctant to change down to lower gears in normal driving conditions, but I'm thinking that might have been in relation to the early models. Is it still pleasing to drive in full auto?

Edited by sipar69