Lots of jobs for Sly

cs2000

Hey all, just wanted to say thanks again to Sly for his work on my car Saturday. I know some people will question why I go so far, but I trust him with my car!

SO, arrived at Kaizer Motor at 8:45 AM and was greeted by Sly, this is the first time ive seen him despite it being my cars second visit to this place ! (have a look for my other thread if you'd like).

Todays jobs were...

P3 Service

Replace front bushes on banana arms

Undo Calliper bolts & re-torque (so I can later change the disks myself)

Hunter wheel alignment

Fit rear drop links.

As far as entertainment for the 3 hours, I took my PS Vita and my phone, but to be honest I spent most of that time gazing out of the window wondering quite how sly manages to keep the walls so white! seriously, the cleanest workshops ive ever seen.

First job was the bushes, I had some awful knocks and squeaks from the front end, Sly soon showed me why. Upon removing the drivers side arm, the bush fell out by its own accord, the arm had been simply resting on the sub frame and was slightly damaged, sly managed to rectify this and fit the bushes.

Drop-links had to be cut of as the upper bolts had seized, then he did the service which was done in record time!

Then onto the insanely cool Hunter wheel alignment system, and the obligatory shot of this amazing machine. I mean, sly was barely moving the spanner on the adjuster, and the machine was picking up the almost invisible adjustments!

photo1-3.jpg

Sadly, but not surprisingly, bot of these simply sheered off when sly was trying to loosen them, luckily, he has spares :D

photo2-2.jpg

And then I was off home. Il definitely be back and had a smile on my face all the way home, car handled much better after the alignment, no more knocks, rattles or squeaks from the new bushes and drop links and knowing my service is all done and she's ready for the winter.

Thanks for all the work Sly, Just the service alone saved me over £150 from the price Nissan quoted me and looking at all the certificates and trophy's in the waiting room, well, you may as well be at Nissan! As I said, il be back ;)

Edited by cs2000
  • Like 1

Sounds a great place to go.. :thumbs:

Sure is, I still go there even though I don't have a Nissan anymore :lol:

I think there should be a rule against this :stir:

Yeah it is will, surely isn't too far from you as you're in London. Takes me almost 2 hrs to get there, traffic permitting of course.

Best thing is, I used cruise most of the way there, managed 32MPG overall for the trip so didn't even cost me that much fuel, plus, there's an epic road just a mile or so from his shop, brilliant new tarmac, perfect visibility and very straight :D :D Unsurprisingly, the roundabout at the end of this ~1.5-2 mile road is covered in tyre/drifting marks ;)

• Like 1

Yeah it is will, surely isn't too far from you as you're in London. Takes me almost 2 hrs to get there, traffic permitting of course.

Best thing is, I used cruise most of the way there, managed 32MPG overall for the trip so didn't even cost me that much fuel, plus, there's an epic road just a mile or so from his shop, brilliant new tarmac, perfect visibility and very straight :D :D Unsurprisingly, the roundabout at the end of this ~1.5-2 mile road is covered in tyre/drifting marks ;)

Ye a bit far..I've been using Ross at Japex, which are also very good. :thumbs:

Just a heads up, watch those roads, the fact they are perfect is well known, most of thd roundabouts have cut aways for plod who you won't see until you fly past ;)

Once you turn off towards the industrial estate you are clear :ninja:

Ahhh, I didn't see them and only gave it some beans on that straight road through the fields on either side, im sure you know the one.

With all the will in the world, I couldn't hope to get the car sideways and then get it back in the same shape so I don't even bother!

Team AFM round the corner from you really are worth a visit. They serviced my zed and work on at least 4 others I know. Plus they did all my s2k work and xkr work. Be a lot easier than travelling all those miles. And they are one of the few places I trust with my cars.

Haha, I knew you'd pop up in here ;)

I did call AFM twice after you recommended them and also emailed twice. Never did manage to speak to anyone via the phone. First email said they would come back to me within 24-48hrs with a price. I heard nothing so followed it up with another email 3 weeks later, never did get a reply so took my business elsewhere :)

Ahhh, I didn't see them and only gave it some beans on that straight road through the fields on either side, im sure you know the one.

With all the will in the world, I couldn't hope to get the car sideways and then get it back in the same shape so I don't even bother!

It is a great road up there ;)

Haha, I knew you'd pop up in here ;)

I did call AFM twice after you recommended them and also emailed twice. Never did manage to speak to anyone via the phone. First email said they would come back to me within 24-48hrs with a price. I heard nothing so followed it up with another email 3 weeks later, never did get a reply so took my business elsewhere :)

Sounds fair enough to me, if they are too busy to answer the phone or emails what other shortcuts do they take?

None, it's a top service, I always pop in, in person, but I've known then for years. They are very busy, lots of business I have to book in advance to get in. I never have a problem when I ring. Must just have been unlucky. I would urge you to at least visit in person before making your mind up. They are very good at what they do.

None, it's a top service, I always pop in, in person, but I've known then for years. They are very busy, lots of business I have to book in advance to get in. I never have a problem when I ring. Must just have been unlucky. I would urge you to at least visit in person before making your mind up. They are very good at what they do.

Just very bad at picking up the phone or answering an email, I guess if they are busy they don't need the extra work...

I think it's just a bit quick to jump to a conclusion. They are normally very good at answering the phone. Just because some one is good at answering a phone doesn't make them good as a garage. Kwikfit are brilliant at answering a phone. Still wouldn't let them change a tyre on a toy car.

I think it's just a bit quick to jump to a conclusion. They are normally very good at answering the phone. Just because some one is good at answering a phone doesn't make them good as a garage. Kwikfit are brilliant at answering a phone. Still wouldn't let them change a tyre on a toy car.

Customer Service mate, how are you ever supposed to know how good they are if they don't answer the phone or reply to an email.

I'm not saying they aren't a fantastic garage, but if they are too busy to answer the phone that's fine, they loose a customer.... Hopefully they are busy enough not to care.

Good customer service costs absolutely nothing at the end of the day, 100 times easier to loose a customer than to gain a new one

It's no skin off my nose. Was just trying to help a member. They can use who ever they like. If they want to travel down and see sly I don't mind. He's a good mechanic with a good rep on the forum. I'm not here to defend the garage I use. It's the op's choice where he goes and it's not like he's losing out. I just thought I could save him the petrol money.

Lol no need for an argument guys :hugs:

It doesn't really matter why they didn't answer the phone, but im sure RT wouldn't recommend them if it was because they're a rubbish garage. They are a race team as well so I guess they were just busy and my work request slipped through the cracks, im sure if I went in and spoke to them, they would be more accommodating, its easy to forget about an email :).

Shame as it would have saved me some petrol, but im not upset either way, SLy did all the work I needed, fixed all my issues and I finally got to meet him so all's good :)

Lol no need for an argument guys :hugs:

It doesn't really matter why they didn't answer the phone, but im sure RT wouldn't recommend them if it was because they're a rubbish garage. They are a race team as well so I guess they were just busy and my work request slipped through the cracks, im sure if I went in and spoke to them, they would be more accommodating, its easy to forget about an email :).

Shame as it would have saved me some petrol, but im not upset either way, SLy did all the work I needed, fixed all my issues and I finally got to meet him so all's good :)

All good :thumbs:

Almost always best to do things in person but these days you have to embrace things like email as most people send from their phones etc, I'm just a stickler for customer service and if I get a bad vibe I steer clear that's all...