Carbon Dipping

Grundy

May of hijacked this video from the door hand thread, sorry pal ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS0b8vzp37w

Since seeing this, i've been looking at all sorts of video's now, looks so cool and simple.

Just wondering if many others have done this method? and is it as easy as it looks?

Pics and examples would be cool! Also where you got your kit from.

Cheers

Matt

• Like 1

I've never seen a DIY kit before, i'm sure it will take alot of time and practice and therefore expense to get right though.

I've only watched the video above quickly while at work and with no sound, the finished result looks wrinkled to me and she obviously considers herself to be good enough to instruct others with her Youtube video.

Still think it will look better than wrap though

Jon

water temperature, time soaked, amount of release spray, rinse time, rinse temperature. painted used etc all have an effect on the finished result, you have to play around with different settings till you find what works best for you. it looks easy but it is very much a practised art form and not just a quick results job.

Very impressive results rtbiscuit. I was talking to Super Stu I believe it was about the drivers door pull/electric switches carbon fibre dipped unit that you had done for him in the past as I was after one because mines all scratched up from some ring wearing previous owner. Can't afford it at the mo but please let us know if you ever start doing these again. :thumbs:

• Like 1