Front Wing Dented - Advice

RedWill

Hi

I am due to pick up my first zed from a private seller tomorrow, however ive just had a text message telling me that due to the wind last night that the front wing has been dented as a metal fence fell on it. They said they have had the job priced up at £415 to put it right or if i prefer they can knock that off the price and i can get the work carried out.

Here is a pic of the damage

1621j01.jpg

Is £415 off enough to get it fixed? Should i get a new wing or just a repair?

Thanks

Will

Hard to see the damage on the phone, but it doesn't look that bad and initial thoughts are it could be easily fixed by a bodyshop for less than the £415.

On the other hand, wings are cheap like the eBay link, get him to knock £500 off and take it as is. Labour costs in a paint shop will be much cheaper painting a panel off the car than on it because they don't have to mask up anything. I think it could all be done for not much more than £300 including the new wing.

Again thanks for the replies, i had a quote from Nissan for a new wing just to get an idea and they havent got any in the UK and it would have to come from Japan. Would be £304 just for a plain black wing which would then need painting and fitting.

That wing on ebay is not an original part, does this matter? Will there be a difference?

Sorry for all the questions.

If you need a car because your old car is being sold I'd personally I'd walk away, either you or the seller repairing the car will take a while, you could probably find an equally good example elsewhere quicker. Alternatively ask the buyer for your car to delay?

If you need a car because your old car is being sold I'd personally I'd walk away, either you or the seller repairing the car will take a while, you could probably find an equally good example elsewhere quicker. Alternatively ask the buyer for your car to delay?

My car is sadly going for scrap as it is un-econmical to repair and the MOT expires on sat and its being collected.

I have been looking for a number of weeks for a Zed and this was the by far the best example for the money i could find within a sensible distance. I guess the wing could be prepared ready and then fitting should not take long so it wouldnt be off the road long at all?

Edited by RedWill

edit, just read you're in Caerphilly and this car is a MY04 GT spec car

Where are you?

What is your budget?

What spec, colour, mileage etc are you aiming for?

It's always worth a wanted post on here as someone may be about to sell but not yet written an advert

Jon

Edited by Pnthrblkzs

edit, just read you're in Caerphilly and this car is a MY04 GT spec car

Where are you?

What is your budget?

What spec, colour, mileage etc are you aiming for?

It's always worth a wanted post on here as someone may be about to sell but not yet written an advert

Jon

Hi

Yeah im based in Caerphilly.

Budget it up to £6500 (This one was £6400 before the incident)

Want a gunmetal grey or silver one and want the GT Model, under 70k miles.

Will see what my brother in law comes back with in terms of cost, he was trying to get hold of a guy who has done bodywork for him in the past, if not i will put a post up.

The non OM parts are pretty cheap but dont know if they are any good?

Just seen this post RedWill. That's unlucky. You could try giving this company in Cardiff a ring for a quote as they did a very good job repairing my Dad's 05' 330Ci BMW. There called; Dave Phelps Accident Repair Centre Ltd, 27-28 Argyle Way Industrial Est., Ely, Cardiff, CF5 5NJ. Tel: 02920596658. Email: david@davephelpsarc.co.uk

Can't you just pick up a cheap rental whilst it's being repaired? If it was me and I was happy with the initially agreed price, I'd get the seller to fix it and make sure the finish, lines and colour match were spot on.

Good luck with it either way though mate.

• 1 month later...