Recommend me a cheapish high mpg low tax run around

wizurd

Afternoon.

Basically my fiesta r reg is dead. I use that daily and the zed on the weekends. Been looking around for a cheap run around replacement. Now I can get another fiesta W reg probably for about a grand. But the tax and mpg ain't that great. Also been considering spending more and getting a newer city car type vehicle. Just wondered if anyone has these type of cars, what they're like or any other recommendations for a car that's got a high mpg and low tax.

Cheers.

Edited by wizurd

Lol.

Thanks. Never heard of that site before :D

I've looked at the chevy sparks, hyundai i10, vw up, seat mi all those type of cars. A lot more than a grand for a fiesta but then the idea is they would last longer and be cheaper to run.

I had a Citroen C2 VTS HDI. 110bhp 1.6 turbo diesel in a small car so quite nippy but still returned an average 53 mpg and was only £30 a year for the tax. Was never really a big fan of French cars but I had this from new until over 5 years with no problems at all and I expect they`re quite cheap second hand now.

I hadn't considered those as an option. Didn't think they were so cheap on tax. I'd expected not to get anything with any sort of poke for what I'm looking for but that isn't to bad a car. My only worry is that while a diesel has good mpg the cost of diesel is more so would I really be getting a better deal than finding a petrol engine with comparable mpg.

Edited by wizurd

Lol.

Thanks. Never heard of that site before :D

I've looked at the chevy sparks, hyundai i10, vw up, seat mi all those type of cars. A lot more than a grand for a fiesta but then the idea is they would last longer and be cheaper to run.

All depends what you compromise on, do you want something that actually drives fairly well ot is economy and cost the major deciding factor.

A Seat Ibiza would be a decent option, probably not the cheapest to run but loads better to drive than any you mentioned...

Sent from the Jaaaaaag at the golf club

YAAAARRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPP

Did think about an ibiza and types like that but it's really just a to b and cheapness I need. Still looking on the net for now. Tried looking for some driving reviews on the kind of cars I've looked at already. Just wondered if anyone else had one of those city car types and if any of em had any enjoyment in the drive. Will try some test drives tomorrow.

Did think about an ibiza and types like that but it's really just a to b and cheapness I need. Still looking on the net for now. Tried looking for some driving reviews on the kind of cars I've looked at already. Just wondered if anyone else had one of those city car types and if any of em had any enjoyment in the drive. Will try some test drives tomorrow.

Why worry about driving reviews :shrug:

If you want cheapness just get something that does 70mpg ish like a VW Fox....

Cheap

Economical

Fun

You can get any 2 of those but not all 3 IMO :p

Sent from the Jaaaaaag at the golf club

YAAAARRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPP

• Like 1

Vw up. Another one I've looked at slightly more price wise I'm finding.

Smart car. Hum. Looking at em v similar as other ones I've looked at. Need to try to stay rational but don't know why but never liked em. Probably because of someone I knew once that owned one rather than the car itself :)