May have contracted Zeditis!

eatonm90

After owning my Zed for 2 months and promising myself to keep it standard(ish) I couldn't resist it any longer.. whilst I am getting older my brain is still under developed, I still build and modify my old Minis (still living in my teens I think) so I started on the 350 (this forum didn't help the itch)..First was was a plenum spacer from Wasso (thanks Ian lovely bit of quality British kit, but I didn't polish the plenum to match). Then decided to make my own velocity stack using a full radius ram pipe...post-19654-0-72680600-1380661553_thumb.jpg had to trim the top of the pipe to clear the air box moulding but shouldn't affect flow too much. Next I made a filter using the standard replacement casing and bonding in a ramair filter foam and mesh (£12.50 cost).post-19654-0-30943700-1380661845_thumb.jpg I did this not because I am a tight bugger I just like to make things myself..Most of the mods look pretty standard, going to do a cold air intake next to the air box.....more to come.. :)

...and then there's Zed Neck.

...you know - you get out of the car, you lock it, you walk away and THEN YOU JUST HAVE TO TURN AROUND TO LOOK AT IT. Sometimes you even pretend you forgot whether you locked it or not and turn to press the key fob again. You know bl&&dy well you locked it, but you just need to look at it from THAT PARTICULAR NEW ANGLE.

If you do that - you've got Zed Neck - There is no known cure.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

anyone else have OZCD?

Obsessive Zed Checking Disorder.

Symptoms include :

upon hearing nondescript noise outside..... going to window to check Z is still safe and well.

If left to worsen, it leads to parking in view of everywhere you're going... and if this isnt possible, changing plans.

To date, I have not had to change plans, but i would.

N.B its worth noting im from Coventry, not the most trustworthy of areas...

anyone else have OZCD?

Symptoms include :

upon hearing nondescript noise outside..... going to window to check Z is still safe and well.

If left to worsen, it leads to parking in view of everywhere you're going... and if this isnt possible, changing plans.

I have a similar form of this as well as regular zeditus.

The missus thinks its cute that I look out the window when she comes home. Im not going to tell her im just making sure she hasn't hit/scratched my zed!

I also have an issue with parking, at work I always park in an end space where only one person can park next to me.

Finally I wont take my 350z to a retail park near me since they added high curbs at the entrance. Either I take my 106 or the missus has to drive :lol:

I think ive got it bad.

Edited by longsh07
  • Like 1

...and then there's Zed Neck.

...you know - you get out of the car, you lock it, you walk away and THEN YOU JUST HAVE TO TURN AROUND TO LOOK AT IT. Sometimes you even pretend you forgot whether you locked it or not and turn to press the key fob again. You know bl&&dy well you locked it, but you just need to look at it from THAT PARTICULAR NEW ANGLE.

If you do that - you've got Zed Neck - There is no known cure.

Done this pretty much every time I've parked it outside my house since I got it. :lol:

anyone else have OZCD?

Symptoms include :

Done this loads as well. Bit embarrassing when the Mrs asks what I'm doing and I have to say checking on my car like it's a baby or something. :blush::)