Bye bye 350 :( I went German

Mikesding

After over 1.5 years of owning my 350z I have made the change to something with back seats! But because I enjoyed the power of the Zed so much I've gone for something on similar terms, a BMW 335i Coupe.

FrontSide_zps56fa4ae8.jpg

RearSide_zps46acef93.jpg

Only had it for a day but loving it so far - already done 200 miles, but I've got to say it sounds incredible; I didn't think it would match the 350z for noise but I think it sounds great. It's an SE but has the M-Sport front bumper and spoiler, with the shadow line trim (basically gloss black instead of chrome).

I've already got a few mods planned (it seems the zeditis is transferable), first one being to find a slightly more understated spoiler than the one that is currently on it (Open to suggestions, thinking a simple lip spoiler) and the second one being the standard Angel Eye upgrade (currently has the 'yellow' ones).

I'm definitely going to stick around on these forums as they are so much better than any of the BMW ones i've found, and has a great bunch of people. On that note - does anyone know any good forums for BMWs/e92s?

• Like 1

Excellent choice, Gang has the same car albeit in saloon form, have a look through some of his threads to see the mods we've done on it for him... :)

Just took a look, that's some amazing horsepower!

Debadge the 335i bit!

Love it.

I was considering doing that, but I don't want people to think I'm trying to pass it off as an M3, will see what I think next week ;)

Excellent choice, Gang has the same car albeit in saloon form, have a look through some of his threads to see the mods we've done on it for him... :)

Just took a look, that's some amazing horsepower!

Debadge the 335i bit!

Love it.

I was considering doing that, but I don't want people to think I'm trying to pass it off as an M3, will see what I think next week ;)

A few mods and you are faster in a straight line than an m3 :thumbs:

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/ - Best BMW forum I've been on. Couldn't get to grips with the rest of them, but I like that one. Nice helpful people, tonnes of info about the cars, known faults, repair advice, etc. Nice looking car you've got yourself there. I currently have an E46 330ci Clubsport and am seriously considering upgrading to a version or two above.
  • Like 1

After over 1.5 years of owning my 350z I have made the change to something with back seats! But because I enjoyed the power of the Zed so much I've gone for something on similar terms, a BMW 335i Coupe.

RearSide_zps46acef93.jpg

Only had it for a day but loving it so far - already done 200 miles, but I've got to say it sounds incredible; I didn't think it would match the 350z for noise but I think it sounds great. It's an SE but has the M-Sport front bumper and spoiler, with the shadow line trim (basically gloss black instead of chrome).

I've already got a few mods planned (it seems the zeditis is transferable), first one being to find a slightly more understated spoiler than the one that is currently on it (Open to suggestions, thinking a simple lip spoiler) and the second one being the standard Angel Eye upgrade (currently has the 'yellow' ones).

I'm definitely going to stick around on these forums as they are so much better than any of the BMW ones i've found, and has a great bunch of people. On that note - does anyone know any good forums for BMWs/e92s?

Forums arent that great for E92's. I used to have one.

Is this petrol or diesel? Petrol you wont get much more out of it, but Diesel Turbo can see it past 500BHP.

RearSide_zps46acef93.jpg

Forums arent that great for E92's. I used to have one.

Is this petrol or diesel? Petrol you wont get much more out of it, but Diesel Turbo can see it past 500BHP.

Petrol 335i - I'm not really looking for more horsepower if I'm honest as it already feels pretty torquey!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

very very nice , hows the power delivery ? does it pick up any quicker than the 350z with it being twin turbo?

Does the acceleration feel anyvmore urgent?

Its very smooth, you wouldn't know it was a twin turbo to be honest unless someone told you - acceleration feels a lot more urgent considering weight/horsepower is very similar and only around an extra 50 Nm of torque

Great choice for a Z replacement...but I would say that!! The reason they feel faster than the Z is because even stock the engine is putting out over the stated bhp, mine dynoed at 320 stock, where as I think most Zs don't make the claimed bhp.

Mine is capable of running at well over 400bhp but I think your right about not really needing more power. Running the most aggressive map a couple of seconds spent at full throttle can see you into licence lossing speeds....so mine runs on the stock map 95% of the time.

Still it's doesn't mean you shouldn't mod the car :) Mitz and Andy are more than capable of installing any bits on the car, just as well if not better than any BMW dealer/independent!!

Edited by gangzoom
  • Like 1

Great choice for a Z replacement...but I would say that!! The reason they feel faster than the Z is because even stock the engine is putting out over the stated bhp, mine dynoed at 320 stock, where as I think most Zs don't make the claimed bhp.

Mine is capable of running at well over 400bhp but I think your right about not really needing more power. Running the most aggressive map a couple of seconds spent at full throttle can see you into licence lossing speeds....so mine runs on the stock map 95% of the time.

Still it's doesn't mean you shouldn't mod the car :) Mitz and Andy are more than capable of installing any bits on the car, just as well if not better than any BMW dealer/independent!!

:thumbs:

If you're passing pop in again... :)

Where are you based out of interest?

Will do, but commuting to Northampton for the next 12 months...infact my daily drive is currently the wife's Civic. Still 55 mpg makes up for the lack of BHP/handling :)

• Like 1