Buying 313 - can't quite find info I'm looking for

NeilMH

Next spring am considering changing my 2005 Roadster for as late and good a 313 Coupe as I can.

Have looked at Guides and Search and Googled and read published reviews but can't quite find what I want.

It's really a question for current 313 owners.

So....it's not difficult to work out what the upsides of a 313 are vs a DE.

Plus I would expect to do the following (if it doesn't have it already):

- Uprev, Milltek, Berks HFCs, Pop Chargers (I want the noise - don't care about heat soak)

My simple question is - are there any downsides to a 313 - engine or otherwise vs DE?

Anyone had both versions?

Edited by NeilMH

Thanks for the contributions so far:

- Terence - good - thanks

- Clown - yes thanks re reminder about the tax - a pain but I wouldn't let if put me off

- Commander - the only mods would be the basic tuning ones I listed - I'm not into cosmetic mods of any kind so that's ok thanks

Think the DE has slightly more usable torque but as I've only ever had the HR I couldn't comment on actual physical difference. You won't be disappointed tho.

I may well be selling mine come next May/June time unless I can come up with a cunning plan of some sort :)

- Commander - the only mods would be the basic tuning ones I listed - I'm not into cosmetic mods of any kind so that's ok thanks

I was talking about engine mods :) HFCs cost more on the HR than the DE and you have two air filters and two MAF Sensors on the HR instead of one... Only little things, but they start to add up!

Absolutely no downsides at all that i can see going from DE to HR. I've tracked back to back a DE revup ragtop and a HR coupe, and in every way that mattered the coupe was the better car. Lighter, quicker, hungrier for revs, better looking, the lot.

Plus you can use 95RON, if you're a real tight-arse :lol:

• Like 1

I was talking about engine mods :) HFCs cost more on the HR than the DE and you have two air filters and two MAF Sensors on the HR instead of one... Only little things, but they start to add up!

Oh..ok.. thanks. Knew about the 2X thing but didn't know that HFCs cost more. Oh well...probably not too bad in the long term. I own the car jointly so all the costs are divided by 2 ;)

Bems - thanks for the comment about the torque. When I get it re-mapped my priorities will be mid-range torque and driveability rather than BHP so hopefully the difference will be marginal.

hensh65 - I found the 350Z roadster to be better than I expected in terms of rigidity but undoubtedly the tin-top will make a difference and yes... from what I have seen the interior is a step up - but bizarrely I don't dislike my current interior.

• Like 1

a bit less ridged

:lol::blush:

best typo I've seen for a while

Good spot - good rubber on the HR then.

Absolutely no downsides at all that i can see going from DE to HR. I've tracked back to back a DE revup ragtop and a HR coupe, and in every way that mattered the coupe was the better car. Lighter, quicker, hungrier for revs, better looking, the lot.

Plus you can use 95RON, if you're a real tight-arse :lol:

Thanks Dan. Sounds good to me. I'll still probably use Super - usually they contain better detergents and additives and with only weekend driving my nether regions don't need to be tightened to that extent :wacko:

Thank you KyleR and daveparkin. It's looking good.

I've spent ages looking around researching other stuff but have just realised the obvious...if I like my current 350 so much why don't I just get the best and latest version....given my budget. By now I have also acquired enough knowledge to know what I would want to do with it when I get it.

I've never had a DE, only a HR, but a general impression is that there's a smaller range of mods available, and they tend to cost more.

There are a few things I've been looking for which you might think would be compatible from DE to HR but aren't, engine strut bar, engine bay dress up bolts. They're just small things but can be a PITA to find for a HR.

why don't I just get the best and latest version....

so when you getting a 370 then :lol:;)

All I can say in my defence is I did give it very serious consideration.

Unless I am missing something wouldn't any HR have 2 air filters?