Pics: Stillen Gen3, Invidia Gemini, UpRev remap by TDI North Performance

T-I-G-G-E-R-Z

005_zps69c3f151.jpg Having covered over 25k miles in the glorious salty Cornish air and the 3 year warranty had expired it was time to order some performance parts for a 2009 370Z GT and fingers crossed I would hear the true sound of my V6 as for the last 3 years I have had the quietest sounding car that I have ever owned but that was all about to change . 008_zpsc4d4f3a1.jpg First of all I would like to say a massive thank you to all the lads at TDI North Performance

Paul West

Neil Holden

Ben Smith for looking after my car so well and all the hard work . the stock exhaust didn't want to come off without a fight, with the bolts having to be cut off and even some being heated in the end. I know its a good bench mark to now start my tunning but for a 2009 zed i was a little confused it's a little below standard

Well my early results on my unmodified car are as follows my car runs on v power has 26000 miles on her and full Nissan history but on the day she produced 315 bhp.Untitled.jpg

Paul the boss of the TDI explained to me and in past tunings of 370z gt's that the totally stock cars run very rich from Nissan so when he remaps the car he will lean the fuelling out which gains a bit better mpg and in turn the 5 different maps will sharpens the throttle response up a lot to make the car drive far better on full and part throttle and that I can control the different maps within the remap using the cruise switch on my car 011_zpsbddb6be5.jpg025_zps7e344b65.jpg

037_zps19818494.jpg Things are going well so far Stillen Gen 3 fitted and the aircon pipe mod fitted . 013_zps9d025584.jpg029_zpsf2c3b945.jpg Now its time to fit my Invidia Gemini Exhaust with blue titanium tips to match the colour of my car .

031_zps2fda93a9.jpg032_zpsc80392b2.jpg034_zps8e6fb30f.jpg035_zps2eeefb24.jpg036_zpsc7fb6cd9.jpg

The stock exhaust didn't want to come off without a fight, with the bolts having to be cut off and even some being heated in the end though very very happy with the end result quality and the finish of the system looks fantastic and after talking to the mechanic the exhaust was a superb fit with no problems at all when fitting to my Z .051_zps55e71a91.jpgMy car was then past over to Paul the boss for its final tuning and the uprev software to be installed and power runs to be carried out to check for final gains039_zpsc8b03c93.jpg040_zpsde029fa4.jpg042_zpsc5392bad.jpg043_zps6e695ae9.jpg047_zps1b71a75c.jpg

All the new performance parts that had been fitted throughout the very hot and humid day had all been fitted and checked for correct fitment so now it was time to see if all this hard work had been worth it . With the outside temps in the high 30's the workshop was very hot and sticky , all the fans were switched on and Paul began to work his magic and start to remap the Car .After a couple of power runs and we where all finished . It had been a very long day but we were all keen to see what improvements the new upgrades had produced but Paul kept me in suspense and took the car off the dyno and disappeared for a test drive .While the boss was gone the lads started to get there Honda race car ready for Oulton park and a few toys started to appear at the garage .054_zps697dc4cf.jpg

057_zps336f1688.jpg055_zps85672c3d.jpg045_zpsec29ef44.jpg

014_zps7cb89545.jpg016_zps0c667953.jpg058_zps4b9623c0.jpg

My Brother Gary's 1.6 Turbo gti had to include it to as he kept me fed and watered throughout the day Cheers Bro 050_zps984aa825.jpg

So after Paul had come back from the test drive the final results are 356 BHP / 7643 1/min (153 mph) 263.9 lbft / 4567 1/min

Nissan 370Z - Stillen Gen3 intake, Invidia Gemini catback370z stillin (1).pdf

Maps installed and controlled via cruise control button. Each map varies the throttle response with map one being the tamest and map five being the most sensitive.

My First impressions of my car are that its much much quicker throughout all the gears and at last I have the exhaust note that suits a sports coupe it looks and sounds amazing .A massive and impressive difference between before and after the Uprev. IT is well worth the money when you modify your 370Z GT . Just have to say another massive thank you to TDI and Paul and all the lads for all there hard work and efforts for giving me the Z that Nissan should have made in the first place . IMG_0443_zps9166517f.jpg

So as you can see one very happy 370Z and owner :teeth: and even more powerful than the new Nismo Result B) For much less Cash too xnewexhaust_zps1ff73ac4.jpg

IMG_0392_zps344b4628.jpg

Also a massive thank you to Steve at Redline for ordering my new 370z Invidia Gemini Cat-Back Exhaust a Superb service I can highly recommend his Store x

Edited by T-I-G-G-E-R-Z
  • Like 3

Love the car & your results :thumbs: Can i ask a couple of questions and sorry if the answers are already in here somewhere :-

Is your cruise now disabled with your five settings taking its place.

Is there anywhere else that the switch could be located as i always use the cruise.

Is yours an Auto or manual. I have the Auto & think the empty switch cover on the opposite side to the hazards would be a good place to mount for me.

Are the Stillens swap a must or just your own choice - I am just starting to get my mods together ready for my build & have just bought the same Exhaust with Berks decats so far.

Do you get the lovely ladies as part of the Mod/Uprev process :teeth:

Hi to answer your questions the cruise still works fine there are no switches with the up rev all integrated into the oem system, I drive a manual car and as for the sexy models I teach photography and as a hobby I take car club photo shoots .As for the stillens they give the best results by far than any other induction system on the market just do some research on the US sites hope this helps Cheers Carl x 58fa8a58-94a2-43bd-8458-ecec57fc1e67_zpsc0565e7c.jpgIMG_0460_zps54f0d716.jpg

Edited by T-I-G-G-E-R-Z

Good little write up and nice results.

I had the uprev done on my 350 and am looking to move it over to my 370 now the warranty has expired. I'm reliably told the difference is significant and you have confirmed that so looks like i will be calling abbey soon :)

Good choice with the exhaust too, i was tempted by theinvida but went for a stillen in the end.

Enjoy the car, bet you have fallen in love with it again, the stock 370 really does need a better exhaust note.