Android app works with BT and JDM

rodgeevans

Update on my previous postings SERIOUS BLOODY UPDATE. New OBD device just arrived Vgate iCar Pro BT4.0  Went straight out to the car removed previous working Vgate. Plugged in device.WOULD NOT PAIR WITH MY PHONE.( Not that I read the instructions Us men dont do that.  As I say often  IF ALL ELSE FAILS READ THE INSTRUCTIONS ) Torque would not connect. Opened Torque to OBD device the name ANDROID LINK came up ticked that box. car profile selected automaticly. No other settings adjusted. TORQUE WORKING AGAIN 100%.

THATS TWICE GUYS ! TWICE

While trying to pair with phone I noticed the Skoda parked in front of me as available devices. OH how I could screw with him. Keep that up my sleeve incase he annoys me

How the hell do I get Torque app onto my head unit ?

Edited by Laurence C

Downloaded this Motor data OBD app. This looks like a common garden OBD reader app to me. ARE YOU SURE THIS IS THE RIGHT APP ?  Just states OBDII protocol even with vehicle details inc VIN added. Tho it did automaticly install my Bluetooth OBD device link details without me entering it. Looked for other apps named similar SAME APP !

Sebastian No use to me but I found this snippet on t interweb.  This K-line communication is also known as ISO 9141-2 or ISO 14230-4 (also known as Keyword Protocol 2000 or KWP). Both ISO's are almost similar.  

Of no flamin use to me but kit may be of assistance to you. Both the working Vgate Bluetooth OBD devices I have list both. Torque app ALSO LISTS BOTH

OH BOY I NEED A SLAP ! SOMEBODY PLEASE SLAP ME. I have been a Dick. PO SPECIFICLY told me my car was a JMD import HE NEEDS SLAPPED EVEN MORE THAN I DO ! Thanks to Sebastian for pointing this out.  Just confirmed by a ZED VIN number check MY CAR IS UK NOT JMD  I SHALL GO DIG ME A BIG DEEP HOLE RIGHT NOW. And another for PO. This is why Torque works. The chopped about oddball dash internals the JDM version badging. NO IDEA WHAT HAS GONE ON HERE BUT CHOPPED ABOUT AND ODDBALL SHE MOST CERTAINLY  IS. Apoligies to Sebastian and others reading. Long time since I have been so DAMM THICK ! Can I clam senility due to this very senior moment ?  It's okay I do remember being wrong once before.

Shall go hide now. FOREVER !

Wee bit of update on MY screw up. . Out of hiding with a slightly clearer concience, Tho this is NOT JDM related. First off I must print HERE a BIG THANK YOU To Sebastian for encourageing me TELLING ME to INVESTIGATE NUMBERS in the electronics. I now am convinced I must check ALL PHYSICAL NUMBERS TOO.. Having JUST checked my VIN I now understand how previous owners reconed car was JDM. As she was BUILT UN UNDERSEALED and completly screwed around with.  I FELL FOR IT TOO. From my VIN breakdown From NISSANS OWN SITE Nissan help and other VIN sites. I now know for certain my car does not know where Japan is should it even be presented with a map.  It is not just the car spec fully screwed around with either The. NON STANDARD chopped about inner dashboard which NO STEREO can be correctly fitted. Even a stock centre facia panel has to be seriously chopped to get it to fit. My car the cubby hole door in the dash is PERMANANTLY FIXED SHUT. so the butchery behind it can never be seen Till dash centre is taken out. Then all horrors are revealed. She is completly oddball and off spec etc. The VIN no is screwed around with also. My car from VIN is getting EVEN WIERDER.   Nine NOT an 05 model year as I expected BUT 2014 Model year WTF ????  Nine years after build date ! The engine tho visually a  DE. Wrong motor for 05 Track package. I now find from VIN engine no longer even identifies as a DE but as the car is ( MIGHT BE ) SERIOUSLY SCREWED AROUND WITH. G ? Nissan G ? Please Nissan explain to me what a G is in engine part of a 350 VIN code. Could G be the same thing as Triumph cars used X for, EXPEREMENTAL ? I really do not want to need visit a Nissan dealership looking VIN identified parts for this car. From MANY years in the vehicle repair Car Truck Heavy plant Welding plant and generators  trade I know I will be for certian told FXXK OFF OUT OF HERE WE CAN GET NOTHING FOR THAT !   Original owner ( REALLY highly suspected knowing this } a MR NISSAN FROM SUNDERLAND. Only Nissan know what has been done to this car. How she ESCAPED the factory ?   Her   ( EVEN MORE HIGHLY suspected )  second owner worked for this MR NISSAN. Thanks to my mate who reminded me how car manufacturers opperate wih factory owned vehicles MODIFIED TO HELL AND BACK OR COMLETLY UNTOUCHED.    My mate and I both worked for a HUGE WORLD WIDE car manufacturer .Personally THREE YEARS OF HELL ! Company owned cars were ONLY SOLD INTERNALY CHEAP AS CHIPS on condition NOT TO BE RESOLD FOR FIVE YEARS. As ANY of these cars could have been used for actual on road real life testing of experimental components. Even the MD could have been aproached by R&D and his keys demanded.. These cars were not permited to fall into the hands of the trade or Joe public.

The further I investigate the wierder it gets.. Have my views on this car changed knowing now she is a TOTALY SCREWED AROUND WITH ODDBALL ? 

NOPE ! I love her more and understand her better.

Edited by Laurence C