A software developers life

DoogyRev

I love that... As a manager of a production support team I'm a bit worried about some of the production related comments though:

When I'm deploying code to production

When the code that I have not tested on dev works perfectly in production

When I notice I was editing production code and I quickly correct my errors

When sysadmin finally gives us the root access

:scare: :scare:

When the production support manager reads the above comments:

original.gif

Yup, been both a developer and a sysadmin for many years now, currently leading an 'environments team' and it's my job to get everyone else doing theirs, including telling the devs when to cut code, how to use git (Yes, I know) and constantly reminding them that Java is crap (That's not technically my job, but I do it anyway, for free). Don't think I disagreed with a single statement in all three parts, lol.

Im not personally a developer (I have to deal with those who cant figure out why their monitor wont turn on when its not plugged in) but this sounds exactly like how my friend who is describes his job :lol:

I am a developer, in a tean of 12. We called out the Xerox engineer today because the printer wasn't working. It wasn't plugged in.

(But who unplugged it?!)

Yup, been both a developer and a sysadmin for many years now, currently leading an 'environments team' and it's my job to get everyone else doing theirs, including telling the devs when to cut code, how to use git (Yes, I know) and constantly reminding them that Java is crap (That's not technically my job, but I do it anyway, for free). Don't think I disagreed with a single statement in all three parts, lol.

I use IT at work ... mainly AutoCAD and ArchiCad ... so I'm not daft, but I have to say I don't really understand what's going on on this thread ... but please tell, why is Java crap ?

Just a development joke, most developers have a preferred language, or small set of languages that they think are the best to develop in, it's almost entirely opinion based and down to that individual developers experiences, what they were taught, or taught themselves, when learning to develop, etc.

Just a development joke, most developers have a preferred language, or small set of languages that they think are the best to develop in, it's almost entirely opinion based and down to that individual developers experiences, what they were taught, or taught themselves, when learning to develop, etc.

So how does ALGOL (spelling?) fit in ? That's where I started lol ... I was told (in the late sixties) that if I learned to read punched tape I would be ahead of the game ... didn't work out I'm afraid lol