Clutch & flywheel replacement - joke!

trigg

hi all, the realese bearing has started to make a noise, so i thought id pop into wessex nissan in Bristol for a qoute to replace the clutch and flywheel!

what aload of balls!

Parts £2378.26

laybour £687.50

bolts £40

total = £3105.76

im sure they're having a laugh? i even asked if the "bolts" are made of gold? with little responce haha!

can anyone suggest an alternitive?

cheers Paul.

Buy the kit yourself for a start, I havent replaced mine but it is a good time to upgrade from the standard with a light weight fly. I am sure some of the traders on here will be able to offer you something at a quarter of the price. Then see if anyone in the area knows any decent garages to get the work done :)

cheers guys, i know a few people that might be able to fit it for me, which hopfully would be less than the £690 charge from nissan.

Ive had a quick look online and found an exedy clutch with bearing and a LUK dual mass flywheel for less than £600!

the flywheel rrp is £2000 reduced to £300ish :/ anyone had any dealings with LUK parts?

plus if its from Alex you KNOW it will fit

standard replacement clutch

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/63723-dual-mass-flywheels-350z-vq35de/

Exedy clutch kits and if you wanted to lightweight flys (there are downsides to the lighter flywheel... noise being one of them)

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/63721-exedy-clutch-kits-27500-ultra-light-flys-34500/

PM Alex

http://www.350z-uk.com/user/9648-zmanalex/

tell him what car you have and he will list all the parts you need

Thank you for the referrals guys. :thumbs:

Genuine Exedy clutch kits with the very important upgraded clutch release bearing are in stock.

Genuine Nissan LUK Dual Mass Flys are in stock

Genuine Competition Clutch Single Mass Ultra Light Flys are in stock.

All the above are in stock and good to go same/next day.

A word of caution regarding Ebay Exedy clutch kits:

One huge online company are unfortunately "reboxing" branded cheaper Exedy products which are not listed for the 350Z.

Quite a few on here have been caught out on this scam.

The parts look similar and will fit, but they will not work as they should, on inspection you will find that the individual parts have different part numbers on them.

Exedy UK are aware of this but finding it difficult to stop this fraudulent practice.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Just drop me a PM if I can help you further.

Alex. :)

I got a similar stupid price from Nissan for a clutch replacement.

Ended up getting clutch + fly from Alex then had Japex instal it. Pretty sure it was less than half Nissan's ridiculous price.

Cant remember what fly it was but it was a dual mass one, clutch was Exedy - Well happy with both :)

Edited by longsh07

We charge 4 hours labour to fit a clutch kit/Flywheel @ £54 + Vat an hour. Plus we offer a 10% discount for members.

We recommened and supply Luk flywheels and Exedy clutches and haven't had any problems with fitment as of yet.

I personally prefer and would stick with the dual mass.

If you are going to buy the parts yourself get them from Alex.

Had one of zmanalex's exedy clutch and ultra light flywheels fitted today and it feels really good. Also was delivered Tuesday and only ordered it Sunday!!! Can't hear hardly any chatter at all that people talk about and seems to be a bit more willing to accelerate. Also had it fitted by a very good mechanic in warmley, bristol, pm me if u want any details.