Bluetooth new phone pairing but not....hmm

AMT

Ok so its probably been said before about first doing it but my Samsung Galaxy Ace was connected and has worked perfectly through the car for a year nearly. Now replaced it with a Galaxy S4 Mini and it pairs to the car but then after 30 seconds cuts off and the light goes to yellow again. Anyone got this phone or had this issue? I'm more thinking its the phone. it seems to ask you to connect by ticking a box (with the 350Z pair name) but it won't stay there. Doin ma head in.

It has actually paired with the car but just won't stay connected :bang:

Shot in the dark but meh...

ta lol

Edited by AMT

This is going to be no help what-so-ever, but I know and have read that a lot of 350Z owners are having difficulty with the S4 and the bluetooth.

Hopefully someone will be along soon with a more helpful response.

My friend thought it might still be trying to look for my old phone. Although it says it should hold 4...when I took the Infiniti G47 out as a courtesy car my friend tried to connect to it but then had to go into the settings in the car to change it and it worked. ...but we don't have a screen in the Zed. Anyone know how to wipe the Bluetooth memory at all?

Nope you're right just spoke to my Dad (hes into his wizardy techy crap) and hes says yeah theres an update coming out. Is it that Kitkat thing?? And do you think it will sort it. Also whens this out?. Am so annoyed I cant use my fone now in the car lol (its the little things :lol: )

I had an issue with my S3 after a battery reset, although it was slightly different as it wouldn't pair.

Had to un-pair the phone, reboot it and re-pair it. Its a long shot but might work for some phones.

If its a known problem with S4 then this is more than a long shot :lol:

Yeah the current firmware update did nothing for my S4 either. There are a number of updates for bluetooth in Android 4.3 which is officially coming to the S4 next month, but if you can do without the Samsung TouchWiz stuff, you could flash your phone with CyanogenMod 10.2 before then which will give you Android 4.3 also.

Would be interested to hear if anyone has tried this and has had any luck with the bluetooth... If I get bored this weekend, I may well give it a shot.

Edited by s1xtyn1n3

The S3 was a brilliant phone which broke new boundaries when it was launched. I got an S4 for my son who quickly ran into a basic problem with it in that it doesn't have an FM radio on it and you cannot download one. I gave him my S3 and have regretted it ever since. Kies, Samsung's PC Suite software must have been developed by someone from another planet ( utter junk ), is a prime example of software not fit for purpose.

I have been advised 4.3 KitKat will be available for the S4 end of October. Come on Samsung, we love your gadgets but listen to the customer and release products which are fit for purpose. Bluetooth is a basic requirement on todays mobile. Wakey wakey!

• Like 1

Quick update here. I have just spent 1.5 hrs on the phone to Samsung regarding this issue.

They could not advise me if the Kitkat update will resolve the matter. I have just sent in an email asking for the issue to be raised higher. I will report back as soon as I know more.

• Like 1