Anyone tried the Japspeed K4?

BillyZed

I met someone with a K4 fitted a year ago and to be fair it sounded nice and looked a good fit from the rear. I did not asking any details about overall fit and quality issues but he was happy with it and I was tempted to get it myself but ended up with a miltek system.

I have had the K1 and had to make some tweaks to get it fit and it blew out the baffling material a year later making it louder even but other than that the welds held up to trackday abuse. I have the japspeed y pipe for over 3yrs now and it's still intact.

My two pence is that, you buy japspeed stuff with your eyes open.

I know its not 350z but my japspeed S14 exhaust Turbo back incl Tubular Manifold didn't fit well it it used to hit on the underside of the car, But it was better than the POS Powerflow that had been Custom built by Stevie wonder previously,

But like most things in the aftermarket car world, You pay for quality, Ive had shitty ebay bargin bucket exhaust threw to the Titanium Fijitsubo i have now on all different sorts of cars and the difference in quality does increase with the £££ obviously there are some exceptions to the rule, Just depends on your personal standard on what quality your happy with.

Edited by StevoD

Sorry, but bullshit.

I've had a k1 and now have a k2.

K1 sounded awesome, but wanted something more subtle for a daily driver, so got a k2.

Both look and sound fantastic with no fitment issues.

All this talk about them being poor is bollocks.

Some people have got their heads too firmly up their own arse.

bullshit, NO

we banned them for very good reasons

I used to think Japspeed was decent for thr price but the fit is bad and the boxes and silencers will fail. They won't want to know about it. That's fine but if you consider a cobra or a scorpion does the same plus more for the same sort of money it's a no brainer.

Also if you buy a £500+ exhaust like let's say a nismo which IMO is overpriced but whatever. You will not have trouble selling it, it will last forever bar the flexis and you won't lose much money on it. It's an investment.

Sorry, but *bad word*.

K1 sounded awesome, but wanted something more subtle for a daily driver, so got a k2.

*bad word*, NO

Is the swear filter not active anymore? Is swearing ok now like other forums?

Sorry, but *bad word*.

*bad word*, NO

think for the moment we can still allow it Matt, but we can always add it

I know japspeed haven't got a good reputation on here but a lot of people will stand up for japspeed

My car will be supercharged soon so I'm after the best exhaust suitable for this

You're talking about supercharging yet looking at a budget exhaust ?

I know japspeed haven't got a good reputation on here but a lot of people will stand up for japspeed

My car will be supercharged soon so I'm after the best exhaust suitable for this

You're talking about supercharging yet looking at a budget exhaust ?

No just wondered if anyone had tried one, have got a nismo fitted now so not on a budget at all ;)

Sorry, but *bad word*.

*bad word*, NO

Dunno but i got a warning for using such foul language, i mean there could be children on here.

Sorry, but *bad word*.

*bad word*, NO

Dunno but i got a warning for using such foul language, i mean there could be children on here.

Presumably all users on here would be at least 17, more likely 18 as you'd not join an owners forum unless you were an owner/prospective owner/dreamer/troll the latter 2 of which deserve a bad word or 2 said to them :lol:

• 3 years later...

it came in back of car when i bought it, didnt think finish too bad fitted ok was going on either way as my o/e shot, reading back previous post think baffles gone in rear < that japspeed and was already on car> sounds like somthing floating about in there lol and yes, without "bungs" was really bad even tickling throttle a real puller and noisy in car, replaced bungs much better, i may replace just back box if will fit the parts ive only fitted last week, may as well get some wear outta em