How do i check if water pump is working?

SkylineV35

Disconnect water pump, apply 12v, does it spin?

If it is knackered, and you need to replace it, then ask yourself this: What does the part do, and what happens if it fails? In this case it could mean your engine overheats and goes pop, so that should answer your question as to whether you should replace with OEM or a £50 eBay special ;)

If your coolant temps are fine, then I wouldn't worry about it. Engines get hot under the bonnet, unless you have other symptoms I'd not give it a second thought.

• Like 1

If it is knackered, and you need to replace it, then ask yourself this: What does the part do, and what happens if it fails? In this case it could mean your engine overheats and goes pop, so that should answer your question as to whether you should replace with OEM or a £50 eBay special ;)

If your coolant temps are fine, then I wouldn't worry about it. Engines get hot under the bonnet, unless you have other symptoms I'd not give it a second thought.

+1

Ok if coolant temps you are meaning temp gauge on dash then yeh its fine, I also went to nissan for a coolant drain and flush and nice greenstuff back in, underbonnet temp actually feels lower now.. either that or im trying to justify the 100quid spent lol

But my main worry was because i added harlfords readymix pinkish stuff in before to topup and later checking interenet that it could cause major damage and sludge build up etc.. so that is where my paranoia was coming from.

Thanks though guys hopefully this is the end of my so-called problem! :blush:

Also issit worth adding an oil cooler? or is there other ways? I read up on the nismo thermostat heard bad things about them and its basically the same thermostat as a 300zx or something.

Perhaps a little off topic, but do UK cars have electric water pumps?