EBC Yellow Stuff or Ferodo DS2500 ??

A9H-RX

I'm forced induction and running a bit more power than usual.. Standard brembo pads don't last very long despite being okay..

Too many threads arguing against odds or EBC and Ferodo.. Anyone used both and on FI ??

On ds2500 at the moment, find them great, bought yellow stuff but not fitted yet, neilp likes them for the track/road and he has nitrous (when he finds somewhere to fill it up). I will be changing mine over in a few weeks probably but cant comment on performance yet, just price =)

On ds2500 at the moment, find them great, bought yellow stuff but not fitted yet, neilp likes them for the track/road and he has nitrous (when he finds somewhere to fill it up). I will be changing mine over in a few weeks probably but cant comment on performance yet, just price =)

Used EBC yellow for a while and found them VERY dusty, changed to ds2500's and not a problem.

Every little helps. Willing to forfeit brake dust over performance and durability. But also willing to spend £30 extra or ds2500's if it's worth it...

I use yellowstuff and they are brilliant. Perfect bite from cold, cant fade them even when I tried on the stelvio pass and ring and I dont find mine dusty alot less than oem

used them on my previous bmw equally as good, might even try blue stuff next

Very pleased with DS2500s myself but have actually found them pretty dusty.

I use yellowstuff and they are brilliant. Perfect bite from cold, cant fade them even when I tried on the stelvio pass and ring and I dont find mine dusty alot less than oem

used them on my previous bmw equally as good, might even try blue stuff next

Either way I'm going to be blowing dust off them.. Thanks for reviews! So humming and haring between the two thou!

Can't go wrong with yellowstuff. Fitted lots of them before and never heard any problems with them. Are you doing discs aswell?

Leaving discs for now. Just want to make sure pads are going to last longer than 4 months, and still have decent stopping power

I think ds2500 might be slightly better. But a problem for me with them is they are dustier than yellow IMO and the second thing is although they are strong they lack feel. Hard to describe.

That is actually a good description, bloody good pads but don't feel as "definite" as the yellows, they do the job just as well but somehow the yellows tell you with more authority, he's right, it is hard to describe :surrender:

I think ds2500 might be slightly better. But a problem for me with them is they are dustier than yellow IMO and the second thing is although they are strong they lack feel. Hard to describe.

That is actually a good description, bloody good pads but don't feel as "definite" as the yellows, they do the job just as well but somehow the yellows tell you with more authority, he's right, it is hard to describe :surrender:

Think I might go for the yellows then and pocket the change! Thanks for the reviews :thumbs:

• 1 year later...

I know it's a bit of an old thread but I'm going to try going from:

EBC 'Premium brake rotors' F&R (same design as OEM brembo disc's)

EBC Yellowstuff pads F&R

(exactly 1 year old)

To Ferodo DS2500's on the front but the discs are being skimmed by Marcus before fitting the pads.

The current pads looked in good shape, plenty of material left, so I'll be keeping them perhaps to try out on a track day or just backups.

I'm very curious as to how different/similar they will feel.

IMAG0678_zpsbgzihd2z.jpg

Right, I'll have a separate post for this but just in summary, ds2500's are better.

Admittedly I've also had the front disc's skimmed as well but it feels like I'm able to wipe off speed noticeably quicker.

I've kept the old pads for track day back up though.