[SOLD]Nissan 350Z GT low miles Abbey Engine build

garygttdi

OK all I have dropped the price to were I feel it should now be but going no lower as would sooner keep the car ,this is no ordinary Z and with a full history and very low miles its got to be worth what Iam asking. Will try to post some more pictures over the weekend. Sorry I had MOT date wrong its 2014 !

£8000 OVNO

Nissan 350Z GT

Registered 2005

32K miles

Full service history

Kuro Black with tan leather interior

The car is a two owner car with much money and time spent on modifying the car from standard.

Engines rebuild at Abbey Motor Sport in 2010, this was done to increase compression ratio and therefore more power. Forged Race piston rods etc etc The Engine has been mapped by Abbey.

Motor dyne Arts and Y pipe with HFC

Competition bush kit to drop arms

Lower strut bar bush kit

Camshaft set 264 degree

Upgraded alloys

Cosworth Plenum chamber

Red samoc house set

Stilen cold air induction system

Engine bay grounding kit

Carbon fibre fluted bonnet

Carbon fibre mirror covers plus full interior carbon cover set

Complete gearbox overhaul and rebuild in 2012

Mot until July 2014, Taxed until Jan 2014

EBC slotted rotors with EBC yellow stuff pads

Full file with service invoices and old MOTs

carmay003.jpg

zdyno1.jpg

Zinside3.jpg

carmay002.jpg

carmay005.jpg

carmay009.jpg

Edited by garygttdi

your images will be too large in pixel dimensions. Try photobucket which will automatically down size for forum friendly. Past the direct link code in the box after pressing the image button here when making your post. There is a guide in forum help

The price might be a little on the high side but Im thinking people want a bit more info about the rebuild - sticking 264 cams and race pistons in seems strange when you dont have management or forced induction, same with the gearbox overhaul. Maybe if you can post evidence of these things and what effect they have had on the car you might have more luck, it looks like its been looked after pretty nicely anyway :thumbs:

Price is probably smack on and worth every penny of £8K, but I fear you may have a very reduced target market for a Zed with a built engine etc... which ultimately means you may have to reduce the price or wait longer to get people interested! :(

If someone's looking for a car to SC or turbo I think it's a great price, unfortunately that also limits your market considerably so may take a while to sell.

very difficult to run those pistons on sc and turbo. Low compression is generally used. Keyser runs high comp piston on his and it was a bitch to get running right.

B) Hi Guys the engine was built by Abbey after the previous owner installed a Cosworth Plenum and found it had done virtually nothing to increase performance, so he enquired as to how to unlock its potential. I guess he was faced with forced induction or increase the efficiency of what he had hence why the engine internals were changed. I agree and Mark has stated that the car would now not lend itself to forced induction. The engine was built to produce more power and smooth out the delivery of said power. Which it has and to get 310BHP from one of these units is impressive. I can post the Dyno sheets if you guys are interested. The gearbox started to crunch on the road test at the supplying dealers and they agreed to sort it before I took delivery. It was the normal weak synco that they do suffer from and we ended up spending 1400.00 overhauling the box.

The car pulls like a train and will never be a standard sleepy slowish Z that’s not what I wanted I had come from a big turbo Subaru WRX STi. These cars are not about straight line speed in standard form they are about looks and style and handling. That’s what I wanted but I also wanted something that would not get burnt off by your average family hatch which most Z suffer from ( more than enough post on hear bearing that out). :scare:

I do get confused when I read some of these post as not a Z owner on hear that’s not modifyingg their cars and yet when I offer a modified one for sale its wrong as well :stir:

Its not wrong, its just that someone spending getting on for £2K in cams and forged internals plus fitting costs for a 10hp gain is an unusual one, fitting cams without pulleys or management is not the path most trodden either. Id put money on the fact it was remapped while at Abbey too, you should include that in the advert :)

Id be interested to see the graphs though, I think they would definitely help you toward a sale if they showed a decent gain before and after :thumbs:

You are not doing anything wrong. It's just that, for reasons which are not, perhaps, totally logical, the market for people buying modified cars is smaller than the market for people who buy standard cars and then modify them. It was a good point earlier about stating if it had a re-map at Abbey. It may just be that you will just have to wait a little longer for the right person to come along. Good luck with the sale.

You will get that price no problem... I'm not sure what mileage is BUT,

Some people on here just want to tell you you are wrong for the sake of it.

I was getting told I didn't know what I was doing when I first joined up and low and behold when I actually see some of the critical people's cars in the flesh, they are completely not what you would expect.

Someone will see the value of your car if you advertise in the right places.

Give it one month on Autotrader, eBay and piston heads and I can almost guarantee it will sell. Put it up for £8250 and give someone a discount so you get your desired £8k.

If you have the old bonnet and rear lip spoiler, advertise the car with them included so they can make it look more standard if they wish.

GOOD LUCK!

Greg. Tradelink

• Like 1

Some people on here just want to tell you you are wrong for the sake of it.

Hang on a second here mate, I think yer man has been done a proper favour by the people questioning the details - you might see forged engine builds and uprated cams every day of the week but I doubt it, its worth asking the question.

Now theres a lot more information here, including a remap, a dyno graph and some impressive figures. Sometimes asking questions is perfectly reasonable, the car is 100% more saleable now IMO because people, including me, did exactly that. :)