Price my Z :)

Buckley

thinking of selling up now as we have started to car-share which is saving loads of money and we only get to use the Z on a weekend, which has been no bad thing with the weather over the last couple of months!!

its an 05 Azure Blue roadster with just over 47k on the clock and stock.

GT pack.

6months MOT remaining.

11months tax.

booked in for its P1 service tomorrow morning with full previous Nissan Service History.

had x4 new Falken 453 tyres fitted for the previous MOT which are almost new due to its limited use.

roof has been treated twice a year with the Auto-Glym kit and is rip free.

Unfortunately, the front two alloys have curb marks all around the rims, ive been meaning to get them refurbed for ages but just never got round to it but have been quoted £75 for them both.

it has the usual stone chips on the bumper, as has just about every Z!

when i bought it there was a scratch down the rear passenger panel which is noticeable when you know it is there but if you look at the car you cant tell unless its pointed out - i have filled this with a touchup pen but its not perfect.

another bad thing is i scraped the wheel arch on the front driver side when trying to park it in the garage when we had the heavy snow, again not massive but i know its there :(

all clean interior with the odd wear-and-tear on the leather seats.

i have owned it for two and a half years and it only brought up the clicky axle issue which i fixed with my dad in a few hours, not returned since and never missed a beat at all - great car!

what do you think its worth according to the above?

i have a rough figure in my head but dont know whether im hopelessy optimistic or under-pricing?

if i do get rid then it wont be given away as ive no idea what i would want to replace it (must refrain from Auto-Trader searches!!) and im sure ill miss it if it goes.....

Looks a lot like a 'For Sale' thread without enough posts to me.

Make a few more posts and do a propper 'Zeds for sale'

If you need an idea on price, try :- ebay, autotrader, piston heads local papers. (and of course gumtree :scare: )

Rays or not to Rays?

I would say between 7-8k depending on condition. Convertible's do tend to be priced less than coupes so I might be slightly out.

Rough guide :)

Spot on what I thought, thanks for the helpful post :)

Rays by the way ;)

ChrisS, not a For Sale thread mate just gouging opinion

It would be interesting to see what a dealer would offer on PX but as I said before I don't even know if it should go yet because I can't think of a better car for say 7.5k than a Z, if they'd do 7k against something I'd like then its a no brainer without having all the tyre kickers but will have a glance around

I'm no car salesman, but I think you'll be lucky to get more than about 6K PX... I may be horribly wrong, but at 7K there's virtually no margin. However, it's probably a decent time of year to shift a convertible, especially with the decent summer we've had so far, so that might count in your favour.

I'm no car salesman, but I think you'll be lucky to get more than about 6K PX... I may be horribly wrong, but at 7K there's virtually no margin. However, it's probably a decent time of year to shift a convertible, especially with the decent summer we've had so far, so that might count in your favour.

As 3500ad said between £7k to 8k, post a pic and it will give a better idea. Paddy 78 is a bit out, you would get about £6 for a trade in, but private £7 to £8k. :thumbs:

Paddy 78 is a bit out, you would get about £6 for a trade in

Isn't that what I said? :lol:

He doesn't want to trade it.. :scare:

Erm...

It would be interesting to see what a dealer would offer on PX but as I said before I don't even know if it should go yet because I can't think of a better car for say 7.5k than a Z, if they'd do 7k against something I'd like then its a no brainer without having all the tyre kickers but will have a glance around

Sounds like he does want to trade as selling privately is a hassle? Anyway... pointless argument! :)

• Like 1

Erm...

Sounds like he does want to trade as selling privately is a hassle? Anyway... pointless argument! :)

For an extra "grand" or two I would put up with the hassle,

I've always sold my cars private and not had any hassle, few tyre kickers now and then, but you can see them a mile off. :surrender: