Subscribed Topics - Spam!

HaydnH

Would it be possible to only send 1 e-mail saying there's been an update to a thread you're subscribed to and then stop sending e-mails until you've logged in and read that thread again? The current method of sending 1 e-mail for every new post thing is a little annoying.

the system would need to look at the last time you were on the site and not send anymore updates until you next visit. Don't know if the forum software allows it but will look into it. Its not strictly spam though

• 2 weeks later...

You can get it to update weekly when you subscribe.

That or daily could be a semi solution, pretty pointless if you already read the forum more than once a day though. I'm more interested in getting an immediate "hey someone's replied to this thread" e-mail but then without the 20 other e-mails saying "hey someone else has put a post in this thread that you already know has an unread reply in".

Right doing some testing, someone reply to this a few times please :)

I think what you need to do is "Unfollow" the topic at the top, then refollow it but set the notification when you do to "Offline" rather than "Immediate". I have a feeling you have a manual immediate subscription that thread alone.

you need to do is "Unfollow" the topic at the top, then refollow it but set the notification when you do to "Offline" rather than "Immediate". I have a feeling you have a manual immediate subscription that thread alone.

I think its this then. I have auto subscribe which only sends on email per round of updates until I read the thread. If I manually subscribe it defaults to "Immediate" and that sends an email for every reply. So try unsubscribing and resubscribing with "Offline" as the option :thumbs: