warrantie outside the manufacture

ddcboyle

Hey guys, looking at getting warranty for the zed. I had a 3month warranty when I bought the car and they covered practically nothing. And from reading up on the others, warranty direct, warranty wise etc, they seem to always make some random excuse (a bit like car insurance)

Does anyone here have a warranty company they use that isnt a ripoff. I.e. if my clutch breaks... I want it replaced if jm gonna be paying 80quid a month

Just my thoughts for what they are worth....

I've always had Warranty Direct cover on my other cars, and so far they've been very good, touch wood. I am well aware that some people don't like the idea of paying for these kind of things, as on balance you should end up out-of pocket, otherwise their business model doesn't add-up. I know all of these companies are only offering insurance based warranties, so they are aiming not to pay out in order to make a profit.

I don't think you can expect any warranty to cover an item that is legitimately wear and tear related such as a clutch - its a bit like expecting a warranty to pay out to replace worn-out tyres.

As a recent example, my wife's Pug 207 just had an air conditioning fault costing £375 fixed, I paid for the repair, sent the claim form in and within 2 weeks, WD sent me a cheque for £325 after they deducted the £50 excess. This year's cover has more than paid for itself on that one claim, but I still have cover in case anything big goes wrong.

What you need to do to make sure you get the best chance of a successful claim is to read their T's & C's very carefully and follow them to the letter, particularly with respect to servicing, MOTs and keeping documents/invoices. You'll be throwing your money away if you service the car yourself and pay for a warranty.

Genuinely, don't bother. They won't cover clutches anyway as they're wear and tear.

Worst case scenario is the engine breaking. £1500 and you're back in business, so it seems a waste of money to look at warranties for the kind of money you're looking at.

If your clutch "breaks" then the warranty company 99.9% otf the time will not pay as it is a wear and tear item, simples.

Any way, why do you want a warranty on your clutch as you bought a clutch and fly combo from me recently which comes with a no quibble warranty. :teeth:

Most of the aftermarket insurance warranties are extremely hard work to succeed in getting a claim fully accepted.

If it is a wear and tear item then you have a snowball's chance in hell of getting them to pay out.

If it is failure or breakage due to manufacturing defect or similar then you will have a better chance of a successful claim, however the majority of failures are down to wear and tear.

Alex :)

Watched tv ad and it showed they cover clutch, it said 2000pound but im sure thats not normal car payout. So what do they actually cover that makes it better than just putting that 80quid into a savings account? Other than engine blowing up, besides surely they would try put that down to a random fault, 1day over your service, or didnt use oem fluid etc

:lol: alex, np with clutch just had to put down the most common "oh no my bank" fault

• 8 months later...

Had my car a month and clutch slipping under power. I have 3 month warranty but was told it don't cover wear and tear.I phoned trading standards and was told I should be able to claim my money back as the car was not fit for purpose.I will let you know how I get on after the Easter break. :wacko:

Keith

I think you should be able to claim based on the fact that if the clutch never lasted the 3 months of the warranty it must have been so close to knackered when you got the car it would be classed as unfit for purpose.

It would have to take into account the milage you had done as most warranty`s would have a limit on this aswell.

It all comes down to A, the garage if they supplied the warranty or B, the company that supplied the warranty it its stand alone.

It needs someone to take on board the time frame you have had the car and not just the fact that a clutch is not covered under wear and tear. Its the usual case of getting to talk to someone who actually understands your issue as opposed to someone just reading t`s and c`s of a screen.

Fingers crossed its not painful a journey but should imagine you will get there in the end.

Always a grey area with loads of "outs" for the insurance companies on wear and tear items.

As has been said above plus if you manage to convince the insurance warranty company to pay out then they will most definately be looking at a contribution from your self for "betterment".

Alex. :)

Genuinely, don't bother. They won't cover clutches anyway as they're wear and tear.

Worst case scenario is the engine breaking. £1500 and you're back in business, so it seems a waste of money to look at warranties for the kind of money you're looking at.

Aye ......provided they dont impose a 300 quid max individual claim limit.

I looked into them for my business and decided in the end the cover was so poor that I'd only end up pissing a customer off and would be easier to manage any warranty claims in house via my own dedicated mechanic.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

old thread but does anyone have an current aftermarket warranty policy that they've paid/paying for themselves?

im currently with The Auto Group which is due to run out middle next month and am insure if i fancy renewing?

2005 350z GT spec 74k on clock

david

What Dan says ^^^.

I have seen feedback on here that the AA insurance has paid out when others haven't for the same kind of car issue, but that was some time ago and I really would say invest in a slush fund - use the money you would paid to some rip-off insurance 'deal' as a starter in that fund. ;)

It's what I do for anything that by law does not require insurance by law and of course the house. When I think back to the money I paid out on wasted on insurance years ago and then asked myself how many claims I made - NIL. - enough said?