Insurance shocker

downhuman

Shouldn't laugh diamond give free insurance on your hand bag. :lol:

Dan !! Good news for you :thumbs:

Shouldn't laugh diamond give free insurance on your hand bag. :lol:

Ekona needs to know about this :lol:;)

^^ :teeth:

I pay 600 ish and thought that was mega cheap! lol am I missing somat hah at 32 do I qualify for old fart ins yet!

24 and its £350....it's not just about age though unfortunately.

Postcode, job, driving history etc!

I pay 600 ish and thought that was mega cheap! lol am I missing somat hah at 32 do I qualify for old fart ins yet!

How the hell have you managed to get it for £350 at 25!!

I'm 23 and paying just short of £800!!!!!

How the hell have you managed to get it for £350 at 25!!

I'm 23 and paying just short of £800!!!!!

im 22 paying £530 from admiral F/C

I don't really understand the huge differences that people pay. I'm 64, have held a full car license since 1969 and a full motorbike license since 1967. I've never been involved in any sort of collision, the only claim I've ever made was when my car was stolen and recovered with superficial damage in 1997. I have one speeding conviction from 1991 which has well expired, I'm retired, in excellent health and live in area classed by the insurance companies as low risk , B rating to be exact, do less than 3,000 miles a year and I'm paying £3 a year less than a 24 year old. :wacko: O.K, I've got a very low excess and all sorts of goodies should I have an accident but it just doesn't add up really :shrug: .

Pete

Edited by JetSet

My car is slightly modded too. Ended up being £300 with mods 'covered' rather than having them excluded.

Still very happy with that. The Mrs' sportka is £280 a year, so pretty damn good.

And I'm a stripper, which is high risk.

• Like 1

I don't really understand the huge differences that people pay. I'm 64, have held a full car license since 1969 and a full motorbike license since 1967. I've never been involved in any sort of collision, the only claim I've ever made was when my car was stolen and recovered with superficial damage in 1997. I have one speeding conviction from 1991 which has well expired, I'm retired, in excellent health and live in area classed by the insurance companies as low risk , B rating to be exact, do less than 3,000 miles a year and I'm paying £3 a year less than a 24 year old. :wacko: O.K, I've got a very low excess and all sorts of goodies should I have an accident but it just doesn't add up really :shrug: .

Pete

It totally agree it's crazy. It's all about statistics and lucky for me not many 24 year old IT works have crashed or had there Z stolen in the Berkshire area in the last 3 years :lol:

Pete

What I can`t understand is how you get to 64 without ever having an accident ! I`m 52 had my bike licence since I was 17 and car since 18 and had several accidents over the years where others have either knocked me off my bike, usually by turning into my path directly in front, or driven into my car and once even into the side of the big white police van I was driving whilst he was doing a U turn !! Never had an accident that was my fault but you can`t always avoid the bad driving of others.

What I can`t understand is how you get to 64 without ever having an accident ! I`m 52 had my bike licence since I was 17 and car since 18 and had several accidents over the years where others have either knocked me off my bike, usually by turning into my path directly in front, or driven into my car and once even into the side of the big white police van I was driving whilst he was doing a U turn !! Never had an accident that was my fault but you can`t always avoid the bad driving of others.

Well for sure I've had plenty on near misses, came off my bike several times but the only thing damaged was my pride. I had a couple of wild years after I passed my car test then self preservation kicked in. Seeing a few of my mates have really nasty accidents I started driving defensively, treating everyone else on the road as a complete idiot for a start :) . Yes, I've been lucky but I've noticed that the safer I drive, the luckier I get :lol: .

Pete

• Like 1

I'm of the opinion they basically just throw darts at a dart board and see what price they can come up with that way. I once got quoted less for a brand new Audi R8 (Just messing with prices) than my friend was paying at the time for his 4 year old 1.2 Clio. The difference in our situations wasn't that big either.

• 2 weeks later...

Just paid £350 to Adrian Flux. £350 excess

Any future modification covered (within reason)

all the usual windscreen (£90)/euro/legal. No charge for changing plate over and protected no claims. Thought it was a pretty good deal?

Im 35 with 17 years experience and 11years no claims. Clean licence and no accidents.