HOLIDAY HELP!!!!

Zedrush

Hi guys my girlfriend and I are booking up to go on Holiday in September just wanna go somewhere where there is private beach, water sports and all inclusive for 10 days. Only wanna spend so much like 1000 each around that area... as have spent a fortune for our holiday over Christmas to LAPLAND :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: for 1 week with our own Luxury Log Cabin.

Any ideas where you have been athought wow preferably 4* and above, and not too many kids..went Sandals Jamaica last year was okay but sure there are nicer places and Egypt or Pathos maybe...cheers all :surrender:;)

All Inclusive for 10 days for about £1000. Bl00dy Hell. If anyone can recommend a place for that you'll see me on the lounger next to you :lol:

When you want a real nice place, try The Windjammer Landing in St Lucia. www.windjammer-landing.com. I got married there last year when we still lived in So Cal so it was easy(ish) for UK & US friends to go. I think it cost our UK guests about £1800 each for a week All Inclusive (which is the ONLY way to holiday in my opinion). B)

all inclusive is probably the most boring way to holiday, but i guess it's down to personal taste.

I would never buy a whole package holiday tbh where's the fun in that?

We are also planning to get married abroad, but will be looking at half board maximum, so that we can go explore during the day. Usually we never book pre-planned holidays, we love to do our own thing and find bargains ourselves, and never get transportation and hotel in the same package unless extremely competitive. last septemeber we went to norway for 10 days, we flew ryanair, hired a car with hertz through them (came out cheapest) then did a coast to coast from east to west and back, was awesome! most nights we stayed at hotels that we had already booked, but a few nights we just stopped where we were, found a place, be it a B&B or a log cabin, paid very little money (even compared to Norwegian standards) and we had that sense of adventure that most holidays should have :teeth:

... as have spent a fortune for our holiday over Christmas to LAPLAND :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: for 1 week with our own Luxury Log Cabin.

Where are you going in Lapland? i've been several times as i work for a Finnish company.

Its a great place especially during the winter as you can have a lot of fun either skiing or bombing round on skidoo's.

Done both options and will continue to do both. All inclusive is fantastic if you just want to lie on the beach and not move much from your hotel.

I thought I had an option for you Zedrush, until you said 4 hour max flight.

Come on mate, go for 8/9 hour flight - the Caribbean really know how to do all inclusive. Got a couple of great recommendations for you in Mexico (which should come in at/around budget).

The only thing I would say if you're interested is be worth double checking its not hurricane season in September - I can't remember when it is exactly.

I've not done an all inclusive in Europe tbh, sorry.

I would only go all inclusive if i was going to the carribean or mexico etc and I didn't want to venture too far from the hotel. I went all inclusive for five days in Tenerife for my birthday a year or two ago. It was sooo poor that we ate out every day (at extra cost) and ended up paying £200 to come home two days early :scare:

You guys obviously don't drink or eat as much as I do :drunk: We had 20 guests come stay with us for the week and I signed the check for our first evening meal (we got together the first night) and it was over $11,000..... :scare:

Hence I only do All Inclusives now. B)

10 days with 4 star hotel (half board or full board) & flights anywhere in Thailand for under 1k including all water sports. I would recommend Phuket & then Pi Pi Island/Ko Samui. Beautiful; cheap food;drink; beautiful women; amazing customer service & all water sports. (Not the dodgy ones!) Easy for under a grand each. My mrs makes package holidays therefore I am here deputy travel agent!!

better weather later on in Sep

Im off to D.R next year with Sarah, not booked it yet but we were talking about it last night.

You'll enjoy it mate. It's just your usual Caribbean fare, except they're Spanish speaking. Couldn't believe how cheap it was compared to other Caribbean islands for the holiday. Think we were around £900 for 10 days. If you like beaches, stay in the south of the island because the north is quite rocky. We stayed in the south and it was your usual postcard white sands and coconut palms. :sun:

Im off to D.R next year with Sarah, not booked it yet but we were talking about it last night.

You'll enjoy it mate. It's just your usual Caribbean fare, except they're Spanish speaking. Couldn't believe how cheap it was compared to other Caribbean islands for the holiday. Think we were around £900 for 10 days. If you like beaches, stay in the south of the island because the north is quite rocky. We stayed in the south and it was your usual postcard white sands and coconut palms. :sun:

Thats exactly what i want, a nice 10 days away on a beach not caring about anything in the world! :thumbs:

Done both options and will continue to do both. All inclusive is fantastic if you just want to lie on the beach and not move much from your hotel.

Come on mate, go for 8/9 hour flight - the Caribbean really know how to do all inclusive. Got a couple of great recommendations for you in Mexico (which should come in at/around budget).

The only thing I would say if you're interested is be worth double checking its not hurricane season in September - I can't remember when it is exactly.

been St Lucia, Montego Bay e.t.c want something 4 hours max... some good ideas though want something easy relaxing and where I can either surf or waterski :thumbs:

Want all inclusive as Lapland holiday is gonna be a mad one, skidoo snowboarding husky riding, the works, so will be very energetic.

Just want a sneaky break where we dont have to venture out much.. just waited on she lays in sun and Ill do the active water stuff :thumbs:

some good ideas though want something easy relaxing and where I can either surf or waterski

Cornwall :thumbs:

Water sports are really good in Fuerteventura and a beautiful island with lovely beaches. Not been myself but I've a mate with a villa there and the pics etc are always cracking (unfortunately he rents it out all year to James Villas so no chance of a sneaky free/cheap week I'm afraid mate - he's only allowed 4 weeks himself a year which he has to split with his villa business partner).

Nice & near.

Don't know what the score is with all inclusive though.

Cornwall :thumbs:

You should be a comedian...unless you are giving me a deathwish, if I told my girlfriend that she'd have me hung and quartered

It shouldnt matter where you are, its all about the company ;)

again you should be a comedian :p;)

Hedonism II Jamaica

Well we enjoyed it

Erm..... not that way inclined but erm thanks for erm that ;):blush: