Need help with Pioneer AVH-X8500BT

Drayvn

Anyone able to point me in the right direction to get the right connectors and facia adapters for this particular model, im being a numpty and have looked through the help topics and don't want to buy something that isn't right!

Yeah I got that exact same head unti a few weeks ago. I purchased all of my adaptors and fascias from incartech. The wiring looms work perfect first time. But be warned about the fascia adaptor, when I first fitted the head unit it would catch on the adaptor when you tilted the screen so to get around this I had to shave off some of the inner platic lip on the fascia, then I also had to put a washer behind each of the 2 top screws on the cars fascia that holds the unit in place, this in essence, tilts the head unit forward slightly which allows it to clear the fascia surround. Since then it has been fine. If you are using Android anda galaxy S4 then the you will need the extra android cable kit (about £70) but the MHL adapto from the kit wont work so you will need to buy a genuine Samsung MHL 2.0 adaptor (£37) and then it all works although slowly and not very responsive. If you have nay other phone, you should be fine.

Yeah I got that exact same head unti a few weeks ago. I purchased all of my adaptors and fascias from incartech. The wiring looms work perfect first time. But be warned about the fascia adaptor, when I first fitted the head unit it would catch on the adaptor when you tilted the screen so to get around this I had to shave off some of the inner platic lip on the fascia, then I also had to put a washer behind each of the 2 top screws on the cars fascia that holds the unit in place, this in essence, tilts the head unit forward slightly which allows it to clear the fascia surround. Since then it has been fine. If you are using Android anda galaxy S4 then the you will need the extra android cable kit (about £70) but the MHL adapto from the kit wont work so you will need to buy a genuine Samsung MHL 2.0 adaptor (£37) and then it all works although slowly and not very responsive. If you have nay other phone, you should be fine.

Thanks everyone, and thanks jell36, just what i needed to know, i've got an S3 and i have all the necessary kit for cars with it so i should be fine on that front, but cheers for explaining the problems i'll be running into, i'll go ahead and order the things i need

• 3 months later...