Can men and women ever be 'just friends'?

twobears

Ive thought a bit more about this thread and i don't have any female friends, that are pretty. In fact i dont know any guys with pretty female friends, their all rather ugly.

I think its possible that i could for a few weeks, but the minute i found out she only wanted to be friends then the friendship would be over!

Edited by stuarty

It all depends how attractive they are. The only reason why guys stay friends with their guy friends is because they don't find them attractive. End of the day people who you are good friends with are the type of people you will fall in love with, the only difference is the physical attraction, which is a lot more likely to happen with the sex you prefer, than the sex you don't.

All of my closest female friends I have because I originally wanted to get in to their pants (my best female friend is my ex). Of course, if they are ugly (in your eyes) then that physical attraction is taken out.

In closing, boobies.

• Like 1

I have lots of female friends, many are attractive, most are in relationships. And because sex is not on offer, its never been an issue maintaining a plutonic relationship. Thing is if that suddenly changed and sex was an option...if I wasn't married I probably would have. Unless of course their ugly then it would never be an option.

Its important to note that sex means different things to men and women. For a lot of men its sexual gratification. Hence the old saying "for men, sex is like pizza, even when its bad, you'll still have it". For women I think there is a lot more emotion involved. I don't know if its just me, but I could sleep with someone and still be friends after. The only difference now is I'd know what they look like naked. :shrug:

• Like 1

Its important to note that sex means different things to men and women. For a lot of men its sexual gratification. Hence the old saying "for men, sex is like pizza, even when its bad, you'll still have it". For women I think there is a lot more emotion involved. I don't know if its just me, but I could sleep with someone and still be friends after. The only difference now is I'd know what they look like naked. :shrug:

Disagree. Look at how many women become heartless are heartless when it comes to marriage. I'm not guys are never the problem but I know many good men who have been done over but heartless wives.

In my experience of course men & women can be just friends. Although it depends upon the people involved.

At one place I worked I was friends with all 3 of the receptionists and used to go out to lunch with one or another of them every day. They were all 18, very fit, attractive and so nearly every guy at the workplace used to be quite envious of me. Would I have slipped them a length? In honesty had I been single and they had been single I might have done. However, I had a gf (who granted wasnt as fit as these birds was) and they had boyfriends so not being one to cheat I kept them as friends.

As for can you remain friends after doing the devils dance with a friend, well depends again on the situation and the people involved. If you have been dating first, then split up and try to remain friends, usually one person still has feelings for the other and that ends up causing problems.

However, I had the situation once where I was extremely good friends with a girl - she`d be on the phone to me every night nearly chatting about stuff, we`d go out for lunches and chat about anything & everything. After a year or so feelings developed between us and before you know it shes giving me the eye and im giving her a length of the old pork sword. Anyway, we started dating and because we had been friends for so long previously we got on really really well. But, then after about a year of dating she dumped me and ran off with some chav and didnt want to be friends any more. :( I havent spoken to her since!

On the other side, ive remained very good friends with several of my ex`s, usually its a case of they were hoping to re-ignite the flames and so wanted to remain friends. But usually when they meet someone else its a case of the new boyfriend isnt comfortable with their missus still having contact with her ex. and so the friendship fizzles out.

Not a great deal add to what has already been said here, other than this thread is full of win! Kudos to the 2 comments below which have made me laugh out loud at the office & get some odd looks.... :lol:

before you know it shes giving me the eye and im giving her a length

If she was attractive and relatively sane, then i'm afraid i'd be in there like a dog eating beetroot!

• Like 1

My best friend at school was a girl, Candy, lovely thing from Hong Kong. She came over for last year at primary where we shared a class, and then when we went to secondary school we were again in the same classes for most subjects. We very briefly dated when we were 13, but nothing serious. We then ended up in the same classes at college too, although that's because I changed subjects to be with her, but still we didn't get together.

I fancied her best mate y'see, and bless her to this day that she actually helped get me and her mate together: I didn't realise it at the time, but she was in love with me but just wanted me to be happy. Me and her mate got together and that lasted a mere two months, before I got drunk with Candy one night and we hooked up instead. Ending the relationship with her friend the next day was awkward to say the least.

We then got engaged, and everything was rosy until I left college to go to work. I then met someone else, and I ended things before I got involved with the other girl. We've never spoken since, although I did try to talk to her a short while later but she didn't want anything further to do with me. She's now married with a kid, and I'm pleased for her.

Still proves nothing overall, but it's not always the bloke that falls for the girl.

Not a great deal add to what has already been said here, other than this thread is full of win! Kudos to the 2 comments below which have made me laugh out loud at the office & get some odd looks.... :lol:

before you know it shes giving me the eye and im giving her a length

If she was attractive and relatively sane, then i'm afraid i'd be in there like a dog eating beetroot!

Got to agree with you there Mattross. Some very colourful phrases. I am learning quite a lot today :lol:

Most of my friends over the years have been male, me and my best mate we're always classed as "one of the boys" to the extent we were invited on one of their stag do's, yes there were jokey and flirty moments over the years but that was as far as they ever went, I don't seem to get along too well with women, probably because I'd rather have my head in my engine bay or spend a weekend detailing rather than shopping! My old stables was full of bitchy women so I did all I could to avoid them most of the time, as I can't be bothered with all that stuff.

It took a lot of restraint to not make sexual innuendos at the last bit of this.

Im the same as as pretty much every guy on here. If i was single and had a female friend given the chance id tap it. Unless she was ugly.

• Like 1

At least i'm being honest with my comments. All those guys out there that are friends with attractive women and are not trying to fire in are just creepo's and not to be trusted.

Something moraly wrong with such a dude!

Or we realise we have no chance whatsoever so what's the point in trying? Not all are out to bang!

At least i'm being honest with my comments. All those guys out there that are friends with attractive women and are not trying to fire in are just creepo's and not to be trusted.

Something moraly wrong with such a dude!

Or we realise we have no chance whatsoever so what's the point in trying? Not all are out to bang!

Aim high, thats my moto with everything in life.

I remember a really goid looking girl when i was at Uni, everyone thought she was out of their league. Anyway i was in a relationship, so i didnt bother with her but all the single guys didnt want to ask her out incase of a knock back. Then one night we were at a night out and she pulled in a club. I thought the wee guy she pulled was Quasimodo!! Woman are strange at times, they all like different things. You just need to find a couple of dozen that like you and i'm affraid the only way to do that is by getting a couple of knock backs my friend!

BTW, its woman that think the guys are creepo's for not trying it on!

Edited by stuarty

Vix, I am really lucky because my yard is only small and everyone is lovely. I'd hate to be on a bitchy yard because I can't relate to that gossipy culture either. If you've got nothing nice to say just shut up and ride your bloody horse I always think :angry:

a horsey yard that isnt bitchy and gossipy........ there are many things in life that i will believe but the fact that a horsey yard like this exists is just a bit too much... ALL horsey women are gossipy and if you dont think they are gossipy or bitchy its because thry are gossiping or bitching about you! lol

im with SMD on this one.... what did he say? ;)