Chipex kit offer

Stevew14

I recently bought a Chipex kit to touch up some spots of road rash on the family car (S-Max), thought I might as well give it a go as IMO I find that the normal Halfords type touch up kits don't do a great job on lots of small chips (or take ages to do).

Went for the largest size which was about £40 delivered, in hindsight didn't need anywhere near this much but the cost difference from smallest to largest wasn't much.

When it arrived it had a little card inside offering a free kit if you sent them pre and post pictures, I must admit to being a little cynical as things are very rarely free. However I used the kit and sent off the pics, next day I get an E-Mail asking me what colour I would like (as you can select any colour not just the one you originally bought).

Kit arrived today completely free and best of all they have sent another large size kit, so now I have one for the S-Max and one for the 350z (hopefully won't ever need it though).

The kit itself was good for chips and slightly deeper scratches and the colour match was spot on, doesn't do much on lighter scratches as it needs some depth for the paint to sit in to but generally the lighter ones just polished out.

I will try and stick some pre and post photos up later when I get home from work.

• 9 months later...

I bought a kit from them a few weeks ago (the road rash kit). Paint match was absolutely spot on, its quite an involved process to fix, more then just a touch-up pen, but the results are much better :thumbs:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...