Centre Console Revamp

SiriusProjects

Hi All,

I have seen a number of posts on here about how people have solved the issue of scratches, etc on the centre console.

I have the same problem, not so much on the main face, but around the edges and I would really like to tidy it up.

My problem is that I've never been one to attempt any kind of maintenance/repair myself. I'm not confident enough in my own ability and would much rather get someone with more experience in these things to do the job. I live in Somerset and I don't know if there is anyone relatively local to me that might be able to help me out. If anyone can offer up any contacts, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

You kinda have four choices, Paint it, wrap it, RSW Carbon Fibre cover, or get a replacement that is not so scratched.

I would have a go at wrapping it, at least if you dont like it you can pull it off. If you have some spare cash source or wait for a Carbon Fibre cover to come up for sale B)

Thanks for the replies.

I have also been looking at dash kits. I have bought these in the past and have found them to be really good (as long as you get a good quality kit).

Have a look at the image below that contains swatches of the various dash kit textures/colours I have been thinking about. Bear in mind that I do have yellow GT4, hence some of the choices. What would you choose out of these?

Thanks for the replies.

I have also been looking at dash kits. I have bought these in the past and have found them to be really good (as long as you get a good quality kit).

Have a look at the image below that contains swatches of the various dash kit textures/colours I have been thinking about. Bear in mind that I do have yellow GT4, hence some of the choices. What would you choose out of these?

Depends if you a contrast to the yellow or a match. Only you can answer that as it is personal choice you might as well as if we prefer a blonde or brunette for you :lol:

If I was going to the trouble of covering the console I would make it stand out and colour code it to the vehicle but thats my choice

If I do get a dash kit then colour coding it to the vehicle would be an idea. The trouble is I can't tell from a 2 inch swatch what it would look like covering the entire centre console. My car is ultra yellow, so would a yellow dash kit work or would it be to garish, or would a Yellow Carbon Fibre kit work better?

If I do get a dash kit then colour coding it to the vehicle would be an idea. The trouble is I can't tell from a 2 inch swatch what it would look like covering the entire centre console. My car is ultra yellow, so would a yellow dash kit work or would it be to garish, or would a Yellow Carbon Fibre kit work better?

Here you go, check out P15UL T post B)

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/36097-show-off-your-custom-coloured-or-wrapped-z/page__hl__yellow#entry651961

• Like 1

I was going to go for a dash kit, but just prior to purchasing one I emailed the company in question just to check that the kit would fit and unfortunately the kits they sale won't fit the GT4 model. The schematic of the dash kit looks right, but I guess there must be subtle differences.

As Madmarky has suggested, I could get it painted. Unfortunately I do not have the skills to attempt that myself. Any suggestions?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Or aqua graphics? Havent seen it posted up yet but gets a brilliant result. Someone on here did their whole dash carbon dipped. I recently did some of my interior which was a worn out looking silver in red carbon, a photo below of the dash plate before being fitted:

IMG_9505_Snapseed_zps6d13eacc.jpg