Some spying sms restore

ddcboyle

Recently downloaded an app called "Sms backup and restore" on my phone. Simply because I delete without thinking.

After having it for 2 weeks, noticed how much design has went into it for spying on your partner or children.

Various things it can do; Backs up a text message sent or received within 3 minutes, also includes whatsapp, and MMS and phonecall log.

This is all well and good for personal use, but the main thing that turns it from sms backup to a spy tool is the fact that it will automatically send text messages, whatsapp and phone logs directly to an email account that you have input in settings. The user is completely unaware that this app is working aswell, as it doesn't give any notifications.

Whats your views on it? Its a great way to find out if your partners cheating, but is technology becoming too advanced into privacy. Already theres snapchat which sends photos and you are completely unable to view after the 3-10second slot. An app for cheating without partner ever knowing, and one to counter text messaging. (sms backup and restore cant backup snapchat photos. The closest you can get is "dumpster" which will save any videos received or sent from the device).

All seems a bit sneaky, for both sides.

Couldn't people just delete text messages if they were having an affair, or is that too low tech? I don't mind the idea of spy equipment in a James Bond type context but it does make me a bit uneasy in other spheres. I know a woman whose finance hid a recording device in her coat pocket because he thought she was cheating on him (she wasn't) and she found it and dumped him. Served him right in my opinion :angry:

If you're using software like this to spy on a partner, then you have serious trust issues and like BBK said, you probably shouldn't be in a relationship. Besides, if you were caught using it and your partner wasn't cheating, then chances are you'll also be finishing the relationship. Blissful ignorance is clearly the way forward! :)

as Ekona said, wouldnt you have a burn phone if you were up to no good?

thats like a terrorist mail ordering bombmaking equipment ot his own house with label on the package saying "WARNING BOMB MAKING EQUIPMENT" on it. :lol:

as Ekona said, wouldnt you have a burn phone if you were up to no good?

thats like a terrorist mail ordering bombmaking equipment ot his own house with label on the package saying "WARNING BOMB MAKING EQUIPMENT" on it. :lol:

But you only did that the first time Rich :p:lol:

all these terms your talking about are like russian to me, "crackchat" "backupsmurf" all i got out of your last post was "topless" i suppose that says more about me than this thread really :blush:

these are all things i've never thought to look for or use as cheating hasn't really been a priority in my marriage; i trust my wife, and i think she trusts me.

i do have this small lumpunder my skin on my back and i swear it has a flashing LED in it.

anyway yeah we have trust in our relationship.

all these terms your talking about are like russian to me, "crackchat" "backupsmurf" all i got out of your last post was "topless" i suppose that says more about me than this thread really :blush:

these are all things i've never thought to look for or use as cheating hasn't really been a priority in my marriage; i trust my wife, and i think she trusts me.

i do have this small lumpunder my skin on my back and i swear it has a flashing LED in it.

anyway yeah we have trust in our relationship.

I agree with the trust side. If u wanna be together you be together. If you want someone else... simples.

Sms backup seems to have alot of people spying on their children. In a way I can understand, but again that would depend on age. Children have a phone at 13 so they can call to get a lift home, but then shoild you be checking a phome at that age? My mum still checks my phone and dads cus shes nosey, thats reason I use password on phone :lol:

my friends 9 year old daughter got an ipad for her recent birthday, but it was on the proviso that the apple account was done by her mum (or something like that) it basically means her mum is copied in on all emails etc that are sent from the Ipad.

she recently got in trouble as she had messaged my wife at about 9pm who sent one back saying "shouldn't you be asleep" kept getting messages so we rang her mum who then comfiscated it for a week :lol:

same rule applys to kids as to relationships, there has to be trust there or it doesnt work. but having some safety net and a small amount of control is not a bad thing with children as they don't always understand moderation, or what is or isn't right.

we keep meaning to set up a joint account for bills that we both pay into, been married 5 years nearly and still havent got round to it.

my issue with full joint account setup is not that my wife would spend my money, its that i'd spend hers, :blush: i just check whats left at the end of the month and go buy something for the car :blush:

so we keep it, that we both have our own accounts and split the bills and grocery shopping down the middle.

I must be a mug then, I pay for everything :(

Except for her shoes and handbags. No chance I'm coughing up for those.

You buy your own handbags though, don't you?

Had a Joint account for nearly 20 years with my wife - always worked for me and I get all (well most) of the toys I want and she does all the accounts and bills and paperwork that I really cant be bothered to do.

Each to thier own though if it works for you and your relationship - crack on :)