My Protein??

stuarty

Myprotein is great. I use the impact whey protein, strawberry cream flavour. Mixes well and the flavour is so good that I would just drink it all the time.

2.5kg bag lasts me 2.5 trips offshore, with 3 shakes a day. So that's 5 weeks for £35 or whatever it is. Can't beat that.

http://www.theproteinworks.com/

is a fantastic company based from the previous directors/owners of MP.

The flavours are good - but I usually go for unflavoured, what is good is the fact you can create your own shakes.

I'm a minimal supplementer, as I focus on good nutrition through my diet - but I rather like TPW's marketing and business strategy, and reasonably priced as well as being pretty good quality.

Happy to give you my referral code WR210 (if that's allowed - sorry mods if it isn't) which gives you 250g of protein for free on your first order. :)

Nice to see there are some gym rats here B)

Edited by wmr1980

Myprotein is great. I use the impact whey protein, strawberry cream flavour. Mixes well and the flavour is so good that I would just drink it all the time.

2.5kg bag lasts me 2.5 trips offshore, with 3 shakes a day. So that's 5 weeks for £35 or whatever it is. Can't beat that.

Ive read the reviews and mp seem's to be really consistent with there quality!

http://www.theproteinworks.com/

is a fantastic company based from the previous directors/owners of MP.

The flavours are good - but I usually go for unflavoured, what is good is the fact you can create your own shakes.

I'm a minimal supplementer, as I focus on good nutrition through my diet - but I rather like TPW's marketing and business strategy, and reasonably priced as well as being pretty good quality.

Happy to give you my referral code WR210 (if that's allowed - sorry mods if it isn't) which gives you 250g of protein for free on your first order. :)

Nice to see there are some gym rats here B)

Thanks mate, appreciate it!

I only supplement my protein intake first thing in the morning, after my workout and last thing at night.

Ive been using either whey concentrate or isolate in morning and after gym and a slow release at night. But i'm thinking about taking only a whey isolate or only a blend of fast, medium and slow all day.

For a product I would go for PHD, mixes very well,tastes great no matter which flavour and if mixed with water still tastes very good. My supplements sell it, but it works out a lot cheaper if you just buy the refill bags or go in for a multi buy with some mates.

Sorry meant to put monster supplements my bad

Yeah i was using their iso 7 for a while, but as i was taking 3 shakes a day i was consuming 15g of creatine monohydrate everyday. So i stopped using it after 6 weeks. Great quality though!

Quater pounder with cheese and chips gives me all the protein i need :lol:

Yea, goes nicely with a Beer a well B)

Any how, I heard that all the Whey Hey crap gives you the skitters . . Pun intended :lol:

I have to admit after decades of using supplements the only one that ever gives me any gains would be creatine, nothing else compares.

There's been a few high brow documentaries showing that lots of supplements are a waste of time.

I don't think anything can beat a well balanced diet. I would go so far to say that I reckon a lot of perceived gains are probably a placebo style boost.

Probably cheaper just to get on the gear tbh.

• Like 1

The thing is, whey is just protein, it's not a magic potion or androgenic or even anabolic. It's just extra nutrition that is easily absorbed. The best way to take protein post workout though is with fast acting carbohydrates - this gives for a greater insulin release, leading to a greater amount of amino acids/glucose being transported into the muscle. Thus the point is MORE amino acids and glucose being available to the muscle to which helps for recovery.

However if you're taking shakes to help boost your macros, that's what they're there for - if you're taking them because you think you're "gaining" on them other than extra calories, and potentially better recovery you're not. :) Taking naughtier supplements do have a more profound effects, but I'm rather anti them!

Creatine is one of the best researched longest used supplements - it does offer benefits if taken properly, and "cycled". After all our body creates it, so it's not a vitamin.

Here's a useful site with a summary/investigation on creatine:

http://examine.com/supplements/Creatine/

• Like 1

Creatine is good, but it doesn't build muscle in itself. It replenishes the bodies stores and aid recovery making it easier to train harder, hence why you may feel you are gaining more.

If you're bulking, my mates recommends Mutant Mass - its a good 1000cal per shake, but the protein content is very low, so unless you are supplementing that by proper dieting to get your protein I wouldn't say it's ideal. In my eyes every protein is different for each person, you need to find something you get results with. I use MP and the stuff there is very good IMO, 11KG gain in 4 months is okay.

If you want to get big quick, dianabol stacked with test - it's a whole different world of bodybuilding though - and one that I steer clear of!

I agree little point in gear unless you're going to take it up in a more full time approach. But the risks for me outweigh the benefit. I'm strong enough to rub shoulders with those that are "on" and I look like I lift - but that has come from years of playing rugby, and weight training. I have patience, and the thought of exogenous hormonal injections does not appeal!

I make my own mega smoothies which offer plenty of nutrition and calories.

Good handful of frozen berries / summer fruits (or fresh is even better)

Banana

Apple

Cinnamon

Probiotic yoghurt 1/2 a pot

Good handful of unrolled oats (a nice large handful)

Scoop of unflavoured protein

Heaped Table spoon of crunchy peanut butter

Gold top milk until you reach the right consistency

Get it right and it's a delicious nutritious and calorific meal, around. 1000 cals and far nicer than just a shake, plus you get more fibre content too.

I you want to load more calories, add some MCTs I normally use coconut oil.

Edited by wmr1980