Replacement Bleed Nipples

cs2000

Hey all, thought id share a great fine on eBay that could save you a fortune.

Nissan change something like £80.00 for a SINGLE bleed valve for the brembos. Bearing in mind the car has 8 of these, it gets expensive if you like to have one or two on hand "just-in-case".

Take a look at this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bleed-nipples-screws-x-10-Metric-M10x1-Ford-Brembo-/320689576543?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4aaa969a5f

These fit perfectly into the brembos, I have had them for a few months but were fitted a few days ago by Sly @ Kaizer when he did my braided brake lines for me.

My bleed nipples were all rusty as hell, so all 8 were replaced just for peace of mind. They don't come with the rubber dust caps, but these are only a few £ on eBay too.

Currently these are available on this link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-RUBBER-GREASE-NIPPLE-CAPS-DUST-CAPS-BLEED-SCREW-COVERS-x-10-/291063730010?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43c4c00f5a

The OEM nipples are 30MM, the "short" versions of these (the link above) are 26mm, with 15mm inside of the calliper rather than the usual 17mm, the "mediums" are the exact correct length at 30MM, but would have 19mm inside the calliper which concerned me as it may damage the inside. As I say, Sly has fitted these and saw no issues with them.

Just put on here in the hope it saves someone a small fortune :)

Edited by cs2000
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

No issues at all. As I say, kaizer fitted them and im sure as a professional garage he wouldn't have let me drive away if he wasn't happy with them either. I checked around them for visible leeks for a week orso afterwards but nothing came out.

As for the standard rubber caps, I don't know, but I doubt it, I bought a new set anyway as mine were all perished, only cost a few more £ :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks for the link. I have a nipple weeping fluid (!!) I'm not sure if it simply needs nipping up or if it has failed, I will check in the morning when it's light - but I'll order these anyways, for under £10 it's worth having them in the garage :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...