My zeds holiday with Kaizer

cs2000

Hey all, so here I am currently lay on a sun lounger on a lovely cyprus beach with a temperature somewhere about 35 degrees looking forward to picking up the zed from Sly tomorrow and thought I'd come on and write this whilst I have some time listening to the waves ;)

On the 11th hour before the zed had to take me to the airport it developed a nasty oil leak that was dripping onto the near side exhaust heat shield almost immediately after the manifold.

Within a few hours I had the car booked in with Sly. Thing is, he is about 2 hrs away from me, but I really wanted to go I someone trusted and seeing as I had to go onto the M25 (all be it in the other direction! ) I thought why not.

So, of I set at quarter to 1 in the morning? Fire extinguisher by my side just in case, cruise control set exactly at 70mph to keep the pressure low, girlfriend following in her car behind for the final leg of the journey.

Thankfully I arrived at Sly's at about 3:30am incident free, jumped in the Mrs's car and then drove that to luton.

Sat on the plane looking forward to my holiday but dreading a massive bill. Anyway, got a message about 4 days later. Sly has done some investigations aaaaaand..... I'm a idiot.

Turnabout I had overfilled the oil and the pressure had damaged the filler cap, the oil was still dripping onto the hot exhaust but thankfully wasn't the rocker cover seal like I feared.

So, for the price of a 2nd hand cap and a but more money for sly to fit my braided brake lines my car has had a nice time at a lovely garage whilst I've been sunning myself :D

Flying home late on Sunday and will pick her up then. To be honest, it's lovely here, but I can't wit to driver her home again :) dartford tunnel at 4am in a Sunday :D

Cheers sly. Don't know anyone else I would have trusted to leave the car with, aside from the other forum garages if they were closer obviously. Also you were more than accommodating with the very short timescale of the booking, the awkward pick up and drop off times and also paying via PayPal seeing as I can't actually get to see you due to flight times!

Il definitely be back, despite the travel distance for services and other work I need doing. But, maybe not with the impending threat of an oil fire the entire journey! Lol.

Very nice. I hear England has had a nice few days.

Today has been somewhere around 35. Went on a BBQ cruise yesterday where the temp on the boat deck was 38 :)

My view earlier from my beech umbrella when I was writing that message (wouldn't upload on 3G so had to wait till I got hotel wifi)

x81Gd5z.jpg

Thanks for the kind words cs200 :notworthy: (just one small thing to put right, the oil wasn't over filled, but the oil cap was over-tighted caused it to be cracked and not sealing) I'm glad I had some good news to deliver and hope to see you next time in person ;) .

Edited by KaizerMotor

Today has been somewhere around 35. Went on a BBQ cruise yesterday where the temp on the boat deck was 38 :)

My view earlier from my beech umbrella when I was writing that message (wouldn't upload on 3G so had to wait till I got hotel wifi)

x81Gd5z.jpg

How hairy is your knee??????????????????

Lol its the shade from the straw umbrella, some of it anyway!

Thanks for the clarification Sly. That's odd. The cap (my old one anyway) seemed to be pretty loose, but you could do it too tight and it would "jump" and un-do a bit. It seemed to always tighten itself up somehow too, guess it was just broken/damaged when I got the car.

Edited by cs2000

Lol its the shade from the straw umbrella, some of it anyway!

Thanks for the clarification Sly. That's odd. The cap (my old one anyway) seemed to be pretty loose, but you could do it too tight and it would "jump" and un-do a bit. It seemed to always tighten itself up somehow too, guess it was just broken/damaged when I got the car.

A likely story.....

Just face it you have very hairy knees and don't know your own strength :lol:

Nice to see that the problem was an easy fix & Sly could sort the problem for you, keeping up his excellent reputation for being an honest & accommodating independent garage. Would have probaly cost you a new engine if you had gone to Nissan :scare: