I'm a knob!

KyleR

Parking the car today on the street near where I play football, because I can't get over the sausage ramps and the other car was in use to get into the carpark, I did this...

IMG_0921.jpg

What a knobjockey! Why did I have to try and get close? Why could I not have just parked 12" away like everyone else? :bang:

I'd like to give it a little touch up for the time being until I get a few quid together for a refurb. I don't want to go and get just this one wheel done incase they don't match the colour well enough and it looks stupid. Anyone any idea of what the paint code for Matt Bronze Rota Grid's might be?

Just buy a new wheel if the other 3 are mint. That way you can keep a spare or sell it on for a couple of quid.

New rim is about £230ish, I could get all four refurbed/sprayed for less.

Jjt- thanks for the huggles :D

Anyone know how to multiquote on iOS?

I feel your pain Kyle. I did the same a few days ago, but with a chrome lip, finding the correct paint isn't even an option. :cry:

Oh @*!#! How would you even repair that?

I just heard back from Mitz (CS) who got onto Rota about the code for me. Rota dont have access to the code! Looks like I'm either gonna have to grin and bare it for a while, get a sharpie, or refurb it and spray all 4!

I feel your pain Kyle. I did the same a few days ago, but with a chrome lip, finding the correct paint isn't even an option. :cry:

You sure they are chrome, most lips are polished even when centres are chromed .........

You sure they are chrome, most lips are polished even when centres are chromed .........

No, I just assumed they were. Checking TSW's site, they feature a 'Mirror Cut Lip'. So is there hope? Are they refurbable?

your's will be diamond cut, a good (proper) refurb company will have the tooling to do that.

£230 will get all 4 refurbed for sure, but why refurb 3 wheels that don't need it? buy 1 new wheel and sell the old one for a few quid back in your pocket. That way they all match, none have been repaired and back to normal service. Unless you plan on painting them a new colour. Don't forget refurbed wheels don't always come out great...

not good ! I done the same last week only I scraped the alloy and took a chunk out the tyre wall on a tyre that had more than a few 1000s miles left on it ! :surrender:

I did that to one of my rears that were only on for about 3 months, one tiny little spot on the alloy so not bothered about that, but the tyre was fubared and had to be replaced.

I have a kirbed offside rear wheel and I don't even park against kirbs?!?!?!? :blink::bang:

It's quite possible to kerb wheels on deepish potholes, I'm pretty sure that's where mine picked up a bit of kerb rash.

Pete