Anyone tried the japspeed radiator?

The Chubby Ninja

My radiator has managed to burst two weeks ago even though my cars been up on axel stands for 4 weeks :shrug: . Anyway I thought I should just upgrade it while I was at it. My mates dads got a japspeed radiator for his skyline and says its great but has done less than 100 miles in it since fitting as its a garage queen so im not convinced. everything else ive ever bought from japspeed (K1 exhaust, 2 sets of un silenced decats and a set of silenced ones) have fallen apart in weeks to a couple of months so my faith in the company has taken a massive hit to say the least. Im not looking to spend massive amounts of money as im in the middle of a supercharged build and pennys are tight as I need to keep a good bit for the mapping.. Also if anyone knows if the standard fans just bolt back onto the new radiator that would help too. And a bit of a long shot if anyone knew if the new radiator plus fans, if there is enough room for the vortech intercooler pipe at the back as its pretty tight already. Thanks for any help guys/girls :blush:

I'm the same I don't trust japspeed parts at all if I was you I wouldn't buy from them MISHIMOTO do radiators and fans and have a life time warranty if I was you I'd go for that or keep the standard one if you don't have the money. Imagine if a weld breaks on your japspeed rad whilst on a motorway and dumps your coolant on the floor and the engine over heats.

I know that's what I was thinking. I was going to put rad weld in to try and fix it but im not wanting to drive all the way from Scotland to London to get mapped and having my radiator blow on the dyno or the journey there/back. mishimoto are a little more expensive but I didn't realise they had a lifetime guarantee. do any traders on here sell them?

thanks CS. im at the research stage just now but I could be in touch soon. Do you also do the coolant pipes to go with it aswell as the intercooler couplers and t clamps? typical me, once I start looking at stuff I go overkill and want everything else. last time this happened I was looking at getting an air filter and ended up buying a supercharger! :lol:

• Like 1

Why you driving all the way to London for a remap? Haven't abbey licenced the stuff to someone further up north, tide or something I think?

because its a supercharged map and I want Mark at Abbey to do it as It seems he has the most experience in mapping forced induction zeds. Youre thinking of TDI North but I don't think they've done any f/I zeds as far as I know

Why you driving all the way to London for a remap? Haven't abbey licenced the stuff to someone further up north, tide or something I think?

because its a supercharged map and I want Mark at Abbey to do it as It seems he has the most experience in mapping forced induction zeds. Youre thinking of TDI North but I don't think they've done any f/I zeds as far as I know

Yo chubs

takeing the fans/rad out is a nightmare just because the vortech sc is in the way! Best way to get fan\rad out as you have to pull it upwards is to undo Sc from bracket & give it a little wiggle lol. If lucks on your side you might not have to start takeing of the vortech sc intercooler cast pipes!!! like i did. : -0 oh I forgot bumper off too

& yes fan do bolt on

Edited by Vortec27

My radiator has managed to burst two weeks ago even though my cars been up on axel stands for 4 weeks :shrug: . Anyway I thought I should just upgrade it while I was at it. My mates dads got a japspeed radiator for his skyline and says its great but has done less than 100 miles in it since fitting as its a garage queen so im not convinced. everything else ive ever bought from japspeed (K1 exhaust, 2 sets of un silenced decats and a set of silenced ones) have fallen apart in weeks to a couple of months so my faith in the company has taken a massive hit to say the least. Im not looking to spend massive amounts of money as im in the middle of a supercharged build and pennys are tight as I need to keep a good bit for the mapping.. Also if anyone knows if the standard fans just bolt back onto the new radiator that would help too. And a bit of a long shot if anyone knew if the new radiator plus fans, if there is enough room for the vortech intercooler pipe at the back as its pretty tight already. Thanks for any help guys/girls :blush:

Chubs did you have to take it all off! ?

Off topic Chubby but when you are coming down to the smoke let me know and maybe we can organise a meet up, be good to catch up with someone that has such a good sense of humour :lol:

bit of an update guys, after a second opinion it turns out my radiator isn't burst at all! but my power steering cooler is but iv got one on its way from zmanalex as we speak. its saved me £450 but im a little gutted because I thought I was getting a mishimoto radiator :(:lol: . where are you located dave? im meeting up with vlad in Birmingham after the mapping session and staying the night there. would be great to meet up with a few of you if youre close :teeth:

Glad you sorted it/got right part lol

And not Birmingham, it's Warwick/Leamington :) just before brum if you heading north lol

Haha same thing. Its all england to me. What is it like 40 mins from abbey to you? Im looking forward to it though. BM thats a good idea lol. Biggest power steering cooler on a zed ever!

Off topic Chubby but when you are coming down to the smoke let me know and maybe we can organise a meet up, be good to catch up with someone that has such a good sense of humour :lol:

bit of an update guys, after a second opinion it turns out my radiator isn't burst at all! but my power steering cooler is but iv got one on its way from zmanalex as we speak. its saved me £450 but im a little gutted because I thought I was getting a mishimoto radiator :(:lol: . where are you located dave? im meeting up with vlad in Birmingham after the mapping session and staying the night there. would be great to meet up with a few of you if youre close :teeth:

Luck was on your side then chubs . Because takeing the rad/fans out with a vortech sc is Long!

• Like 1