Bizz's LS3 6.2l V8 350Z Drift Car Project - IT CAN DRIFT!! :)

bizz

Went to Driftland at the weekend in Fife scotland, just thought how epic this Zed will be round it. I hope its a track you will add in your calendar. If so let me know so I can come ! !

100% I'll be up there at some point and I will definitely let you know. There will be some private testing once the car is done (private so I don't make a complete ass of myself lol) but I will then make sure that each of the days I will be going to will be posted up so you guys can all come and have a look and hopefully a passenger ride :)

• Like 2

How long is the car gonna be away getting a cage for?

I've got a chunk of leave coming up so was gonna pop along and bend your ear. May even bring some work clothes (now that the sound deadening has been removed! lol

Went to Driftland at the weekend in Fife scotland, just thought how epic this Zed will be round it. I hope its a track you will add in your calendar. If so let me know so I can come ! !

how was it? I seen some vids and it looks good. I might take my car on for a little fun once its mapped. give us a shout the next time your going up and il try make an appearance. and bizz definetly put up when you are going as id love to see this beast in the flesh :D:cloud9:

• Like 1

how was it? I seen some vids and it looks good. I might take my car on for a little fun once its mapped. give us a shout the next time your going up and il try make an appearance. and bizz definetly put up when you are going as id love to see this beast in the flesh :D:cloud9:

£3 entry, saw 2 crashes, one of which saw the full back end of a bmw wrecked. Their was a lexus sorar going around with what looked like the suspension from a lorry, couldn't get it to drift and resulted in the car going on fire! So was probably the best £3 I've ever spent lol

Hope your still going on the 25th Steve !

£3 entry, saw 2 crashes, one of which saw the full back end of a bmw wrecked. Their was a lexus sorar going around with what looked like the suspension from a lorry, couldn't get it to drift and resulted in the car going on fire! So was probably the best £3 I've ever spent lol

awesome. I heard there was a 1jz rx8 there aswell. whats on the 25th again? is that knockhill? ive said I will go to a lot lately and lost track :lol: . I will need to start writing things down as my memorys terrible. im not getting mapped til early next month now but ive got the basemap running sweet

awesome. I heard there was a 1jz rx8 there aswell. whats on the 25th again? is that knockhill? ive said I will go to a lot lately and lost track :lol: . I will need to start writing things down as my memorys terrible. im not getting mapped til early next month now but ive got the basemap running sweet

Yes i saw that, heard over the speaker it was pushing 550bhp and the guy was really good at drifting. I will need to clear with Lrfan but i think its meeting at showcase an going to stirling, in ur case meeting at stirling lol

Yes i saw that, heard over the speaker it was pushing 550bhp and the guy was really good at drifting. I will need to clear with Lrfan but i think its meeting at showcase an going to stirling, in ur case meeting at stirling lol

sounds awesome. aye that should be no problem. get irfan to put it up on the forum nearer the time and il see it. il be there :D

How long is the car gonna be away getting a cage for?

I've got a chunk of leave coming up so was gonna pop along and bend your ear. May even bring some work clothes (now that the sound deadening has been removed! lol

Think it should only be a couple of weeks man so yeah come on over when its done. I'll need some help lifting it onto the trestle so I can weld the underside so you'd better be feeling strong lol

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I haven't died or given up with the car, it's still at Clark Customs being caged :(

It's been a mixture of Jason getting pulled away from the project by emergency work at his other job and me changing the design of the cage and adding new bits in.

The cage is currently in position, with the door bars TIG'ed in so its starting to look really smart. Last night Jay was making the extra bars which are coming off the A-pillar support and going forward to the turrets.

Really pining for the car now :( as I can't really get on with anything else until its back of my other subframes arrive :'(

So if anyone wants to come round and take me out for a spin in their 350z or if you need some work done let me know :-P lol

• Like 2

Cheers guys is coming along slowly. It's been away being caged longer than i was hoping but it'll be perfect when it returns. I can then plough on with the rest of the build so eventually I can bring it out to meet you all :-)

• Like 1

This going to be 100% drift car, on a trailer to the track or will you be driving it on the roads ? :)

It will be 100% drift car but will hopefully also be on the road :-P As I seriously missed having my skyline on the road when I modified that. It's main purpose will be drifting and will be trailed most places, like Stevo said the last thing I want is to be stranded somewhere after a minor drift accident.

I'm going to do my best to get it back on the road once this is all complete though so I can actually drive it to meets, etc. Insurance is going to be the killer :( Also it's going to be pretty noisey, hot and rough but it'll be worth it :D

This going to be 100% drift car, on a trailer to the track or will you be driving it on the roads ? :)

It will be 100% drift car but will hopefully also be on the road :-P As I seriously missed having my skyline on the road when I modified that. It's main purpose will be drifting and will be trailed most places, like Stevo said the last thing I want is to be stranded somewhere after a minor drift accident.

I'm going to do my best to get it back on the road once this is all complete though so I can actually drive it to meets, etc. Insurance is going to be the killer :( Also it's going to be pretty noisey, hot and rough but it'll be worth it :D

Sounds epic, I mean with all those round abouts on the public roads, it would be a waste if you didn't have it road worthy :teeth:

• Like 1

Try Prestige on here, they've not charged me a penny extra for certain mods (coilovers, brakes) so may not be too bad.

Try Prestige on here, they've not charged me a penny extra for certain mods (coilovers, brakes) so may not be too bad.

Thanks for the tip man will definitely give them a go :) Would like to see their reaction when they read this thread :-P Will keep you all posted on the progress of that too

So on Saturday I thought I'd see if I could swap the internals from my Skyline GTR diff into my 350Z casing...

GTR Left - 350Z (a bit rusty) Right

DSC02281Medium_zps93148499.jpg

DSC02282Medium_zpsf48c8846.jpg

DSC02284Medium_zps2aa81a66.jpg

Originally I was hoping that I would be able to just put the rear cover plate from the 350 on to the GTR and it would be an easy swap but they were so different on the outside that would never be the case. So next I thought I might be able to pull the Nismo GT Pro 2-way diff out of my casing and put in the Z one...

DSC02285Medium_zps4701e8e8.jpg

GTR

DSC02286Medium_zpsd474ae38.jpg

Z

DSC02287Medium_zps94fe14ca.jpg

Bit too much of a difference to swap the two :(

DSC02288Medium_zpsbc8ea24a.jpg

So now I'm trying to work out whether to sell the diff from my skyline and buy a new Nismo Pro that will fit the 350 or modify the rear subframe to accept the skyline diff. It's either going to be a lot of money or a lot of time lol. Keep watching to see what I decide :-P

If you have any preference/recommendations/comments/knows someone that want's a complete GTR diff feel free to let me know :)

So now I'm trying to work out whether to sell the diff from my skyline and buy a new Nismo Pro that will fit the 350 or modify the rear subframe to accept the skyline diff. It's either going to be a lot of money or a lot of time lol. Keep watching to see what I decide :-P

If you have any preference/recommendations/comments/knows someone that want's a complete GTR diff feel free to let me know :)

Might be worth sending a message to Paul Cheshire of team falken uk. He's running 800 odd hp out of a 2JZ through the 350z (G35 technically!) diff and he's had to use different shafts as he kept snapping the standard 350z ones. I'm presuming he's done something to the diff as I've never seen him having diff issues.

Edited by Dedman